Greatest Robusto ever created

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for me, getting very specific if i may, on one of the early trips to havana, i was talking to Hamlet and he kindly agreed to find a cracker box of CoRos for me. he did. he searched through plenty and

I've never had one of the travel case Upmanns,  so I cant really comment,  but people sure got very frothy about them whilst they were around. 

You beat me to the punch.  Not only the best robusto ever made, but one of the best cigars ever made, regardless of vitola.  As you can tell by my avatar, I have a certain affection for this cigar.

Depending on the box CoRo, RASS or PSD4. BRC a close 4th for me....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shrink said:

Without question, the 2007 Robustos Por Larranaga Regional Edition Asia Pacific. Heaven on Earth. 

I have too few of these left. One of my favourite AP Regionals, Only edged out by the 2010 PL Encantos AP RE.

Hoarding the last few remaining, like I am hoarding my 06 CoRos.

• Like 1

from my memory , a coro smoked in 1996-in my earky 20s!-, still remember the intense grassy and heavy aroma, very different than modern cohibas(we were in the old tobacco variety), after that I was lucky to have a reserva 2002 cohiba selection box, the robusto from that box was really out of this world

• Like 2

Bolivar  & Ramon Allones for a good full smoke. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 99call said:

I've never had one of the travel case Upmanns,  so I cant really comment,  but people sure got very frothy about them whilst they were around. 

H_upmann_travel_cigars_2.jpeg

Oh my, I remember these. And yes, they were bloody darn good.

• Like 2

Coro, hopefully being followed by the Diplo Norteños. If the norteños become anything like the Spain RE colleccion privada, I’m going to dance every time I smoke one. They’re like your mother’s love. I’m so sad I didn’t buy 25 boxes of those. I’m not making that mistake on the norteños. Going deep like whoa on these.

• Like 1

I had a few of the Monte Cristo Robusto LE 2000, I think. Those were very good cigars. I'm inclined to differentiate between special releases and regular production. I don't go for the best as much as what I like the best and I like them all when the box is on.  A good CORO well kept for over five years is a real treat. I'm inclined to think that the inconsistencies of Cuban cigars necessitates one to pick cigars by production quality rather than marka and vitola. I've had boxes of PSD#4s that blew the doors off of the COROs I was burning through. But I've had a couple of boxes of COROs that were truly outstanding. Right now I'm loving RASS MUR 2/13. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 99call said:

H_upmann_travel_cigars_2.jpeg

I traded away 30 Fonseca 1’s and Dip 2’s for one of these travel humidors two years ago ... best trade ever.  I’d do it again in a heartbeat!  Probably the best Cuban robusto I’ve ever had and the humidor is a constant companion of mine on every trip!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cmbarton said:

I traded away 30 Fonseca 1’s and Dip 2’s for one of these travel humidors two years ago ... best trade ever.  I’d do it again in a heartbeat!  

30 Fonseca 1's & A whole box of Dip 2's?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 99call said:

30 Fonseca 1's & A whole box of Dip 2's?  

I should rephrase!  It was a 25-count box of Fonseca 1’s + 5 Dip 2’s!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cmbarton said:

I should rephrase!  It was a 25-count box of Fonseca 1’s + 5 Dip 2’s!  

thank god, now it makes sense.    especially when there are some dreamers trying to sell the empty cases for £180

• Like 1

Can't believe I'm the first person to say Connie 1.

Caveats: I'm not a big robusto fan in the first place, but I've had my share of all the regular production.  I do love anything Bolivar.  But I picked up a 2016 box of connie 1 off the auctions, and good lord, they make my mouth water just thinking about them.

• Like 1