Greatest Robusto ever created

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

for me, getting very specific if i may, on one of the early trips to havana, i was talking to Hamlet and he kindly agreed to find a cracker box of CoRos for me. he did. he searched through plenty and

I've never had one of the travel case Upmanns,  so I cant really comment,  but people sure got very frothy about them whilst they were around. 

You beat me to the punch.  Not only the best robusto ever made, but one of the best cigars ever made, regardless of vitola.  As you can tell by my avatar, I have a certain affection for this cigar.

2 hours ago, slowsmoke said:

Can't believe I'm the first person to say Connie 1. 

Well, I would have said that if it was a Robustos...:wink2: 

Most Robustos I dislike. Most Hermosos No. 4 I do like. 

I think Cubatabaco knows Robustos are more popular and puts a little more effort into the Hermosos No. 4. 

• Like 2

I had a boli royal corona in 1996 which was outstanding...a gift along w a gift glass of maccallan 25 yr....guy was showing off and I was happy to oblige...still one of the best cigars I’ve ever had. Good dirty power bolivar.

boli rc is still one of my favorites but I have to say the cohiba robusto has now beat it for modern day production. I’d give my left nut to try a dunhill cabinetta.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Euripidespants said:

I had a boli royal corona in 1996 which was outstanding...a gift along w a gift glass of maccallan 25 yr....guy was showing off and I was happy to oblige...still one of the best cigars I’ve ever had. Good dirty power bolivar.

In 96/97 I would have said BRC was my favorite cigar period. RyJ Ex 4 a close second. Now, I don't even touch either.

At that time, BCE was a bit strong for me and I'm one who wishes almost all modern CCs were stronger.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

In 96/97 I would have said BRC was my favorite cigar period. RyJ Ex 4 a close second. Now, I don't even touch either.

At that time, BCE was a bit strong for me and I'm one who wishes almost all modern CCs were stronger.

I heard that old school CCs were stronger but they were almost unsmokeable when young. 

So difficult to pick a favorite cigar, much less robusto.

Here it goes:

1. Robaina Famosos- When they are on, they are right up my alley flavor wise.

2. CoRo- Out of consistency and class alone

3. PSD4- love the profile

If Punch 48 can be in this class, I would put it #2 behind the VR.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sho671 said:

Probably because Connie 1s aren't quite robustos.

5 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Well, I would have said that if it was a Robustos...:wink2: 

my bad ?‍♂️

I always considered them the same, never thought it made much difference, but I suppose I just proved myself wrong ?

Really tough one to answer Probably the most difficult to cover all formats. I have had some absolute stunning boxes across all lines. 

Cohiba robusto gets it the end for me. Just.

40 minutes ago, slowsmoke said:

my bad 

I always considered them the same, never thought it made much difference, but I suppose I just proved myself wrong ?

I'll give you a break since Hermosos No. 4s are robustos by common name. :ok:

4 hours ago, Smokecigareveryday said:

I heard that old school CCs were stronger but they were almost unsmokeable when young. 

Some, yes, but not all. The milder brands (ERDM, SLR, JL etc.) we're pretty much good fresh. I thought Boli and Party were fine after a year or two but the BCE and BCG definitely needed more time. 

Monte also needed a year or two but the Monte 2 and the Especiales needed more. Monte 2 much more--like 3-5 years.

10 hours ago, Wilzc said:

I know its not really a robusto per se but.....  Petit Edmundo's reliable consistency makes it the greatest :D

Monte PE is probably my favorite cigar of all time.  Just smoked one today. 

I see folks naming all kinds of cigars that are not considered "Robustos" classification by Habanos S.A. 

Cohiba Robusto

PSD4

Ramon Allones Specially Select

Bolivar Royal Corona

Juan Lopez #2

Hoyo DM Epicure #2

RyJ short churchill

I smoke more Ramon Allones than any other. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYgarman said:

I see folks naming all kinds of cigars that are not considered "Robustos" classification by Habanos S.A. 

Cohiba Robusto

PSD4

Ramon Allones Specially Select

Bolivar Royal Corona

Juan Lopez #2

Hoyo DM Epicure #2

I smoke more Ramon Allones than any other. 

Add RJ short churchill

52 minutes ago, Smokecigareveryday said:

Add RJ short churchill

Thank you! Always manage to forget something every day. Old agedom!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Current regular production and special release Robustos as of May 2020...

1764133268_CurrentRegularProductionandSpecialReleaseRobustos-May2020Part1.thumb.jpg.c7acefa9c02d230d97343ca38ddc3042.jpg176039820_CurrentRegularProductionandSpecialReleaseRobustos-May2020Part2.thumb.jpg.bdd53529ec3254695655485942f4570c.jpg1167391059_CurrentRegularProductionandSpecialReleaseRobustos-May2020Part3.thumb.jpg.2105660ed061980024ba5e370ac3c739.jpg

I’m trying to decide if this may be the reason I just do not care for robustos....?

6 minutes ago, La_Tigre said:

I’m trying to decide if this may be the reason I just do not care for robustos....?

Well, as one can see below, if you just include current regular production the list is a lot less.

1942482756_CurrentRegularProductionRobustos-May2020.thumb.jpg.8f329f067517c0f6b2162e6e1546bb95.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

Well, as one can see below, if you just include current regular production the list is a lot less.

1942482756_CurrentRegularProductionRobustos-May2020.thumb.jpg.8f329f067517c0f6b2162e6e1546bb95.jpg

John, you trying to change my mind or reinforce my stance. ??? 

I will offer that JL2 is my favorite of the lot so as to not be derailing the OT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1