What were you doing in 1978? Du Roi

6 hours ago, gk404 said:

I was six years old & riding my banana seat bike like a boss! ?

Please tell me it had the sissy bar and the stick shift. Mine was a plain old Murray and I was always jealous of the Huffy or Schwinn fastback. 

I was 9 years old!  Riding my bike around SW Miami enjoying more freedom than I should have been permitted to have. 

2nd year of law school. 

I remember buying a box of HU Lonsdales--I'm sure they were DR--and smoking the whole box as I was studying for law school exams. 

5 minutes ago, Smokin911 said:

2nd year of law school. 

I remember buying a box of HU Lonsdales--I'm sure they were DR--and smoking the whole box as I was studying for law school exams. 

ditto - re law school. though as we don't do the pre-law etc, also 2nd year uni.

pretty much the year i discovered that alcohol was not all just 99c flagons of port or $6 bottles of rum. that changed my life. the cigars would not come until much later. 

I was 9.  It seems like there are a few other people my age on this thread.  Anyway, I remember things by grade,.  

That was 4th grade, so, my parents bought me my first electric guitar.  

I saw Grease in the theater 3 times that summer.

I saw my first rated ”R” movie, which was Animal House.

And I was very upset that Keith Moon died.

• Like 2

As my user name indicates, I was in the oven in 1978. I have a bottle of Scotch from ‘78, and want to get a box of cigars from that year as well. Not sure this is the box I’m looking for.  Might also wait a bit for BR prices to come back down to earth. 

17 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Please tell me it had the sissy bar and the stick shift. Mine was a plain old Murray and I was always jealous of the Huffy or Schwinn fastback. 

Didn’t have either, but I did have streamers on the handle bars! ?

• Haha 1

Getting booted out of a french boarding school after getting nabbed in the girls' dormitory at 3am while visiting a friend with a bottle of pastis.

That and Bernard Edwards bass lines...

On 5/8/2020 at 11:01 AM, gk404 said:

I was six years old & riding my banana seat bike like a boss! ?

I had a Schwinn Fastback with banana seat and a stick shift. 1965 and 10 yrs old.

• Like 2

On 5/9/2020 at 10:33 AM, Markspring1978 said:

As my user name indicates, I was in the oven in 1978. I have a bottle of Scotch from ‘78, and want to get a box of cigars from that year as well. Not sure this is the box I’m looking for.  Might also wait a bit for BR prices to come back down to earth. 

Wouldn't count on that. See where prices have gone on other auction sites....