SLR Tesoros - 2016 ER Espana

I picked up a few boxes a couple years back and now can say I think I liked them better when they were fresh.  

Cold Draw: Minimal resistance - almost feels slightly underfilled. Vegetal notes like cold dry lettuce. 

1/3: Right of the bat the smoke is thick and chewy. There is a bonfire smell to it which is pleasant and reminds me of summers growing up. Not much taste for the first few puffs.  I get a potato latke, salt/pepper hit for a few and then that subsides. Construction and burn are both very good. Kind of blah. Blah. Roasted peanuts, nutmeg and minimal graham cracker as I move into the second third. 

Tesoro.thumb.jpg.bf6c6da1c6e3e418564c89faecdd56c5.jpg

2/3:  Muted vegetal flavors. Some cedar picks up which is a nice change. Construction is still good.  Pasta w/ olive oil and a pinch of salt.  Kind of blah. 

Tesoro2.thumb.jpg.01ce9c0153bd7d870aeb304392e48260.jpg

3/3: Had to relight as I just let the cigar went out.  Kind of blah. Roasted nuts. Started to burn funky and got hot and peppery.  Put down with an inch and a half left. 

Tesoro3.thumb.jpg.eb641b66e8242af95853c0a65380df55.jpg

Closing Remarks: Bland and very one dimensional. Good construction overall but got hot at the end and was unenjoyable. Not all Regionals are created equal, that's for sure.  Some of these mass produced ones are certainly hit or miss. This is the last one from a box. I wont be touching the other two boxes for quite a while I think. 

Burn: 4/5 (Good until final third)

Construction: 4/5 (Good draw/combustion)

Flavor: 2/5 (Bland - roasted nuts - pasta with olive oil)

Smell: 4/5 (A nice bonfire smelling smoke)

Wrapper: 2/5 (Golden large veins rough to the touch with some green spots)

Overall Score: 16/25

• Like 3