Boveda Humidor

Smokecigareveryday

What do you guys think about this humidor by Boveda?  I have been using Xikar travel, Boveda bags and 65% packs as my humidors with great success for years.  Now I am looking to invest either a conventional wood humidor or a boveda acrylic humidor. 

https://bovedainc.com/store/accessories/boveda-large-acrylic-humidor/

1 hour ago, Smokecigareveryday said:

What do you guys think about this humidor by Boveda?  I have been using Xikar travel, Boveda bags and 65% packs as my humidors with great success for years.  Now I am looking to invest either a conventional wood humidor or a boveda acrylic humidor. 

https://bovedainc.com/store/accessories/boveda-large-acrylic-humidor/

Get a real humidor.  

• Like 4

I'd go with tupperdor and save coins for 150qt coolidor, as Boveda Acrylic Humidors are literally same as tupperdors with just being more pricey.

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 2

Iris 46 qt weatherproof with a couple boveda 62s. Start stacking them. They work like a champ in my basement. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

Are you responding to your own original post giving yourself advice? Not sure I follow...

From the responses I would stick with boveda bags instead of investing a new humidor for now. 

3 minutes ago, Smokecigareveryday said:

From the responses I would stick with boveda bags instead of investing a new humidor for now. 

Got it. That is a good idea. It is a set up that works very well.

• Like 1

*Very eye catching: I would presume one should line it with cedar sheets...*

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 5:42 AM, rcarlson said:

Pffft.  Ziplock bags!  ?

@SenorPerfecto, @rcarlson - technically, tupperdors and ziplocs are functionally just fine.  Your points are taken.  But there’s an aesthetic element for many as well.  A beautiful desktop humidor can offer a lot of enjoyment for the owner, even though a plastic bag would work.  Kind of like having a Mercedes or a bus pass. Both will do the same, but one is a lot nicer.  No?  ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

@SenorPerfecto, @rcarlson - technically, tupperdors and ziplocs are functionally just fine.  Your points are taken.  But there’s an aesthetic element for many as well.  A beautiful desktop humidor can offer a lot of enjoyment for the owner, even though a plastic bag would work.  Kind of like having a Mercedes or a bus pass. Both will do the same, but one is a lot nicer.  No?  ?

I would say the analogy is a Honda Civic versus a Porsche.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

@SenorPerfecto, @rcarlson - technically, tupperdors and ziplocs are functionally just fine.  Your points are taken.  But there’s an aesthetic element for many as well.  A beautiful desktop humidor can offer a lot of enjoyment for the owner, even though a plastic bag would work.  Kind of like having a Mercedes or a bus pass. Both will do the same, but one is a

lot nicer.  No?  ?

Stop trying to broker a peace, Brian.  This is jihad.  

• Haha 1

I think the Boveda humidor is too small for the money. If you are looking for a desktop unit I think for about the same coin I would get a 150-250 count wooden humidor. I think the advice from @mtd057 is definitely great here, whatever size you think you need, you should probably go bigger. This is the route I would go. I just prefer the look of a wooden desktop over other methods of storage. 

I know plenty of folks that buy a setup that includes a container similar to the ones mentioned by @fitzy and @Str8BlkCoffee , combine it with cedar trays from Amazon, and throw in a Boveda packet for humidification. That way the cigars are still kept humidified in cedar but you can get to a much larger storage capacity for a LOT less money. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Diggamus said:

I think the Boveda humidor is too small for the money. If you are looking for a desktop unit I think for about the same coin I would get a 150-250 count wooden humidor. I think the advice from @mtd057 is definitely great here, whatever size you think you need, you should probably go bigger. This is the route I would go. I just prefer the look of a wooden desktop over other methods of storage. 

I know plenty of folks that buy a setup that includes a container similar to the ones mentioned by @fitzy and @Str8BlkCoffee , combine it with cedar trays from Amazon, and throw in a Boveda packet for humidification. That way the cigars are still kept humidified in cedar but you can get to a much larger storage capacity for a LOT less money. 

Yup I keep cedar trays in one box for the loose cigars the rest are kept in the boxes, plus I reuse some boxes for lose cigars too. Also the cedar sheets from boxes all go in the bottom of my boxes as well. 

On 5/11/2020 at 6:32 PM, BTWheezy said:

Well technical from my experience desktop humidors even the nice expensive ones are no where near as efficient at maintaining humidity.