what would you do in this situation?

Been there, done that. We can build a deep passion for something over the years. Those who aren’t enthusiasts, are unlikely to feel the same way. I’ve learned my lesson from past experience. I don’t ‘break out the good stuff’ till someone has shown me that they likely will appreciate it.

• Like 1

I think your best bet is to visit him again with a cigar you plan to smoke along with him smoking one from his collection. 

Have you ever smoked with him?  There could be a reason they are languishing that may not have occurred or was offered as a reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I think your best bet is to visit him again with a cigar you plan to smoke along with him smoking one from his collection. 

Have you ever smoked with him?  There could be a reason they are languishing that may not have occurred or was offered as a reason.

I haven't smoked with him. He lives a bit far from me.  Perhaps I should smoke with him. The problem is that the cigars I gave him had molds.  Is there a way to smoke a cigar with molds? 

4 hours ago, Smokecigareveryday said:

I haven't smoked with him. He lives a bit far from me.  Perhaps I should smoke with him. The problem is that the cigars I gave him had molds.  Is there a way to smoke a cigar with molds? 

Mold is not necessarily a big deal.  It's it coming out of the foot of the cigar I won't smoke it.  Surface is fine as long as it's not totally covered.  Just wipe it off.  I would suggest bringing your own cigars and he can smoke his cigars.

A little mold can add some dimension on a cigar, but not something you should try to go for.

• Like 1