Your RH / Temp configuration

Sver

Howdy smokers.

I am in the midst of making the jump to a wineador. Got myself a wine cooler, 2 8mm fans, raspberry pi, 2 temp/humidity sensors and the whole shebang. Waiting on shelves from John Nelson at cigar-coolers.com and looking forward to putting this thing together. I have already tried the cooler at its highest temp setting 64.5F but 2 calibrated temp sensors read it at closer to 68 at that setting. Not a bad thing considering I want to avoid condensation and minimizing the differnece from ambient temp to wineador temp is critical in that regard.

Ambient in my house is approximately 68 in winter, summer is closer to 77F RH from  20-45%. Knowing that trying to create an environment drastically different from ambient conditions is going to take some doing I wanted to hear from you first before I decide on humidification. My thinking is either Boveda or Beads, just not set on rh of those products. Im hoping with the spanish cedar shelves and passive humidification I wont have to call out a favor from a friend to open the unit and override the temp settings on the cooler, using the Raspberry Pi or other methods.

I wanted to ask you guys which "rh" and temperature is working well for you?

Also, if anyone operating a wineador in similar ambient conditions wants to lend a word, im all ears.

I'm a member on other forums as well but the wealth of knowledge on this forum.. it's a no-brainer to ask you guys. 

Stay Safe!

-Sver

Hi! I have  CC300H that I use bovedas to humidify. I think im a bit on the overkill side though, I have 8 60 gram 69rh bovedas (in wooden containers ziptied to the bottom of 2 shelves which hold 4 each from boveda) and four 320gram 69RH boveda packs. I keep my temp at 67 degrees.

@Sver The cigars smoke great! I know 69RH is a little higher then most prefer, but I have found it to be my ideal. It is nice to be able to open my CC300H(especially since its door is the entire front face of the unit) and see its RH swing back up to spec within 30 minutes! Especially since I am kind of a looky-lou lol!

• Like 1