Hello from Oxford, UK

Edik

Hi there,

I've been smoking puros for 10+ years now, but only did it regularly for the last year or so. I'm a big Bolivar and Partagás fan. Whenever I'm too stressed I go to my garden, light up a BBF, pour a 30-year tawny and listen to good music. It never fails to cheer me up. Also, as a proper South American, I love barbecues. Every time the sun ingratiates these English lands I organise a bbq with cigars. Those are always the best 10 days of the year.

For the past few days I've been reading through the many posts and learned so much already. Looking forward to learning more from you all. I would also love to make some new friends.

Cheers to all!

• Like 2

Hi there,
I've been smoking puros for 10+ years now, but only did it regularly for the last year or so. I'm a big Bolivar and Partagás fan. Whenever I'm too stressed I go to my garden, light up a BBF, pour a 30-year tawny and listen to good music. It never fails to cheer me up. Also, as a proper South American, I love barbecues. Every time the sun ingratiates these English lands I organise a bbq with cigars. Those are always the best 10 days of the year.
For the past few days I've been reading through the many posts and learned so much already. Looking forward to learning more from you all. I would also love to make some new friends.
Cheers to all!

Welcome to FOH! I really like Lusitanias for Partagas!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

I love Lusis! I ordered a couple of boxes through 24:24 last week. I'll probably smoke a box and let the other sit for a year. I've also started to admire the Partagas Maduro N. 1. Young but smoking deliciously!

• Like 1

I love Lusis! I ordered a couple of boxes through 24:24 last week. I'll probably smoke a box and let the other sit for a year. I've also started to admire the Partagas Maduro N. 1. Young but smoking deliciously!
I only had Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios for Maduros, but will try Partagas Maduro as well. I should digging Patagas even more than before (had Shorts and Series No. 1 EL long time ago)!

10 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

I only had Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios for Maduros, but will try Partagas Maduro as well. I should digging Patagas even more than before (had Shorts and Series No. 1 EL long time ago)!

I've never had Maduro 5 Genios, are they worth it? In terms of Partagas, I highly recommend D4 and E2 but, in my (admittedly limited) experience, Shorts and Salomones are not so good good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edik said:

I've never had Maduro 5 Genios, are they worth it? In terms of Partagas, I highly recommend D4 and E2 but, in my (admittedly limited) experience, Shorts and Salomones are not so good good. 

If you like sugary sweet CCs, then you'll like Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios (you might have an idea about Maduro cigars, as you like Partagas Maduro No. 1). I personally prefer the same sized CC Connie A over Genios, however it's a good change of.pace type CC IMHO. Never had D4 and E2 (they are one of my wishlist cigars), but surprised to hear you don't like Shorts (one of my fav PCs).

On 5/13/2020 at 3:31 AM, Connoisseur Kim said:

If you like sugary sweet CCs, then you'll like Cohiba Maduro 5 Genios (you might have an idea about Maduro cigars, as you like Partagas Maduro No. 1). I personally prefer the same sized CC Connie A over Genios, however it's a good change of.pace type CC IMHO. Never had D4 and E2 (they are one of my wishlist cigars), but surprised to hear you don't like Shorts (one of my fav PCs).

I know that shorts are very popular, but somehow the couple of times I smoked just didn't work out. Felt too aggressive and not too much in terms of flavour. I have to give them another try.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:10 AM, TheMonk said:

Welcome to FOH!

Muito obrigado! Porto é uma das minhas cidades favoritas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edik said:

I know that shorts are very popular, but somehow the couple of times I smoked just didn't work out. Felt too aggressive and not too much in terms of flavour. I have to give them another try.

I think Shorts shines after several years of ageing. They can be nasty when they're young.

14 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

I think Shorts shines after several years of ageing. They can be nasty when they're young.

I think that's it. How many years of ageing would you recommend?

• Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 3:53 AM, Connoisseur Kim said:

Minimum 2-3 yrs recommended IMHO. 5yrs for long term experience.

Tks, I’ll try to source some aged shorts - or get a box in 24:24. I really appreciate the advice!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Edik said:

Tks, I’ll try to source some aged shorts - or get a box in 24:24. I really appreciate the advice!

Highly recommend you to get 50 cab of Shorts for long term experience! I'll also get these cabs as soon as I get Coolidor!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

Highly recommend you to get 50 cab of Shorts for long term experience! I'll also get these cabs as soon as I get Coolidor!

Nice! I was thinking of getting myself one. I have a klarstein winedor and am considering setting up a coolidor. I read many posts in the humidor section, but I’m really curious to know what you decided for your coolidor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Edik said:

Nice! I was thinking of getting myself one. I have a klarstein winedor and am considering setting up a coolidor. I read many posts in the humidor section, but I’m really curious to know what you decided for your coolidor.

The cheapness and big storage space of coolidor made me stick with coolidor. I was going to wineador at first, but I noticed getting compressor wineador like @PigFish was impossible since these were (and still) extremely expensive unlike USA (TE ones are just meh compare to compressor ones). So, I shifted to coolidor project instead.

So far, I have two tupperdors and using them as cheap and cheerful travel humidors. Smaller tupperdor Mobile Fortress for carrying singles and bigger tupperdor Habanador for carrying boxes (not sure about 50 cabs since it has raised parts for handles on lid) and custom rolls during Cuba trip or mega herf. They have 60g and 320g 65 Boveda packs respectively.

HPL834.thumb.jpg.6820f262434d8364479fbf3b10b63973.jpg439997802_Habanador1.thumb.jpeg.1d3f8b2dff4b377f4419f267411e4d89.jpeg

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

The cheapness and big storage space of coolidor made me stick with coolidor. I was going to wineador at first, but I noticed getting compressor wineador like @PigFish was impossible since these were (and still) extremely expensive unlike USA (TE ones are just meh compare to compressor ones). So, I shifted to coolidor project instead.

So far, I have two tupperdors and using them as cheap and cheerful travel humidors. Smaller tupperdor Mobile Fortress for carrying singles and bigger tupperdor Habanador for carrying boxes (not sure about 50 cabs since it has raised parts for handles on lid) and custom rolls during Cuba trip or mega herf. They have 60g and 320g 65 Boveda packs respectively.

HPL834.thumb.jpg.6820f262434d8364479fbf3b10b63973.jpg439997802_Habanador1.thumb.jpeg.1d3f8b2dff4b377f4419f267411e4d89.jpeg

thanks for the pics, I'll get going on my project!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connoisseur Kim said:

No.problem! Can't wait to see your project!

I

I'll be sure to send you. Right now I'm monitoring the average temperature in different parts of my flat to understand where is the best to place it. Btw, I've attached a pic of my winedor, I'm really happy with it. have a great week!

IMG_9427.HEIC

• Like 1

thanks! I love the pic from our number 9!

On 5/19/2020 at 8:08 PM, Kongelunden said:

Welcome to FOH.

tsk mate! hope you had a good week. btw, great instagram!

On 5/18/2020 at 6:43 PM, Connoisseur Kim said:

Your wineador looks similar with TE wineadors in Korea! They are slightly more expensive than the ones in USA too (mostly smaller ones). Have a nice day mate! ?

• Thanks 1

Edik, welcome to the forum! I'm Oxfordshire based too so good to have another FOHer locally! You'll enjoy this forum! Catch you soon mate.

David

By the way, as mentioned by a couple of others, give the Party Shorts another go! Great cigar!

59 minutes ago, david9985 said:

Edik, welcome to the forum! I'm Oxfordshire based too so good to have another FOHer locally! You'll enjoy this forum! Catch you soon mate.

David

tks! I struggle to find people who appreciate CC in Oxfordshire, hopefully we can organise something in the future once this is all over

58 minutes ago, david9985 said:

By the way, as mentioned by a couple of others, give the Party Shorts another go! Great cigar!

I sure will!