Dog Rocket non-cuban and planting the devil's lettuce (Liga Privada No. 9) 2018 (DRRW)

Nice review.  I have a few tins of Papas Fritas that are several years old.   I believe they are made from the trimmings of the Liga 9.   Those little cigars are one of my favorite NC smokes.  It will be a shame when they are gone if the quality has suffered that much.  

Agree with your review. I tried a Liga 9 a few years ago, based on rave reviews. Didn’t make it past first third, what a disappointment. I think I still have one, perhaps I should take a torch to it for this review weekend. Although life may be too short for such a waste of time.

7 hours ago, Subcomandante said:

I tried one a couple months ago and it was the same. Mostly that earth and some burnt coffee grounds. What strains are you growing?

Gelato, CDB Durban, Super Lemon Haze and Blue Dream :peace: ?

• Like 3

I heard the early runs of these were a much higher level of quality. I only smoked one, couple years ago, was not in my flavor wheelhouse.

I get so turned off by the elaborate back story on some of these NC’s. It makes it feel like they are overhyping a cigar that won’t stand on its own merits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1