Are my fresh cigars too moist?

It seems even after a week of letting my cigars sit outside the humidor they have a tunneling problem. I wrap them with the seco on the outside and the ligero on the inside because i know seco burns better so I think the tunneling is a result of the wrapper being too moist. It is quite spongey, but I don't know if thats just the quality of the wrapper or if it is indeed still too moist after a week of being left out in ambient humidity.

any ideas onto why this might be happening would be appreciated, thanks. 

There's a general rule for customs that you need to smoke then with a month of being rolled, after that they need a year to settle. 

It takes weeks and weeks for a cigar to reach the rh% you're storing them at event throughout the cigar too. If you're rolling your own, and having very damp wrapper etc I'd suspect that the cigar is simply in shock at the moment; there's elements that will be fresh, wetter than others, sections will be different in water content. Dry boxing on top will have shot rh% down in outer layers whilst the core will be sending what the hell is going on. A cigar needs at least 3 months to recover from shipping, yours have just been born!

Changing rh% of your stored stick is a real patience exercise, we're taking months. 

Personally I'd be looking at revisiting in 6 month interval

• Like 1

9 hours ago, doctirderp said:

It seems even after a week of letting my cigars sit outside the humidor they have a tunneling problem. I wrap them with the seco on the outside and the ligero on the inside because i know seco burns better so I think the tunneling is a result of the wrapper being too moist. It is quite spongey, but I don't know if thats just the quality of the wrapper or if it is indeed still too moist after a week of being left out in ambient humidity.

any ideas onto why this might be happening would be appreciated, thanks. 

shoot some photos of your set up. 

These are cigars you rolled?  Intrigued.

Construction, storage, fermentation et al, it could be many things. 

Take us through the process of who you got to where you are now and we will chime in :ok: