A Query on Green Spots

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, but have been enjoying the video reviews for many years. I have never been able to find anyone who can tell me with any certainty whether green spots on some cigar wrappers will fade and become brown with long-term aging of the cigar(s)? I have never noticed any green on well-aged cigars I've had and nor have I had these spots on any cigars which I've aged for more than a year or two, so I've never been able to do the experiment and find out for myself. The tobacco in rolled cigars continues the process of micro-fermentation, which is part of the process of aging and alteration of flavours in good cigars, but does leaf colour pretty much stop changing after the initial barn drying/curing process before rolling?

Has anybody ever had green patches on any wrappers which they later noticed had become more brown over many years of aging? Or do they simply remain exactly the same colour?

Cheers in advance, just a little curiosity that I often ponder whenever I come across this on cigars.

Green and brown spots are almost always caused by water droplets or moisture on the leaf during fermentation. They shouldn't change in size, color or shape over time. The fact you haven't seen any on certain cigars of yours would be coincidence in my estimation. In my experience present on probably 1-2% of regular production and <1% of Cohiba. Virtually zero for any super premiums. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Green and brown spots are almost always caused by water droplets or moisture on the leaf during fermentation. They shouldn't change in size, color or shape over time. The fact you haven't seen any on certain cigars of yours would be coincidence in my estimation. In my experience present on probably 1-2% of regular production and <1% of Cohiba. Virtually zero for any super premiums. 

Bingo albeit I would put the % of regular production higher. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Bingo albeit I would put the % of regular production higher. 

I was thinking maybe it was a tad low but my math is that I don't see one in every box I get so I did the quick 1/50 calculation. But you see a few more boxes than I. 

I will say as far as Cohiba, I tend to see the pale beige spots more than green spots. But as noted, might be 1 stick in 3-4 boxes.

El Cacique. I called this cigar - the hand of death This is the only case where the stains on the wrapper disappeared after two years. With Habanos, this usually does not happen - the spots remain.
bed60eb1b1718a0f96bae0b2a00c5ca9.jpg

• Haha 1