• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dare I say, all of them...

El Rey Del Mundo Choix Supreme

50s I would want to see: Fundadores Ramon Allones Superiores H Upmann Connie 1

Is it true the rumor that everything from the Habanos back catalogue is avail (and in any packaging format) for the right price? 

Some kinda Habanos Heirloom program could be the ticket. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FatPete said:

Punch punch and Robaina Famosos would be cool in 50s

I agree with both of these even though the Punch Punch 50's were already around and then discontinued in 2017.  Would love to have a couple for the collection.  

I like 50s but as I smoke through the cab it can take up a lot of space given the # of cigars that are left in it. 25 SLBs may be the best box, imho.  That said, the old Bolivar cabs, BCG, BCE, BPC. were wonderful.  One I miss is the discontinued ERDM PC. 

• Like 1

Aside from the cabs being SLBs vs dress box, I don't understand why there's a difference between 2X25 vs 1X50.  A tiny bit of value I suppose but if all a cab provides is more, can't you just buy more?  Personally, I wish all cigars came in a SLB regardless of quantity just because I prefer that cigars are either touching other cigars, or wood, not paper...probably makes no difference but it just seems right to me.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Chibearsv said:

Personally, I wish all cigars came in a SLB regardless of quantity just because I prefer that cigars are either touching other cigars, or wood, not paper...probably makes no difference but it just seems right to me.

No, I think you're right here.  It definitely makes a difference in flavor of a cigar whether its part of a dress box or SLB.  SLB's like you said the cigars are all touching one another and I believe this will help the flavors develop more evenly but also help the cigars age better.  Touching wood vs paper I also agree with makes a difference.  I also think there is something sexy about sliding the lid off a fresh cabinet box and seeing that beautiful bundle inside.  For me, it has way more sex appeal than just a dress box.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Duxnutz said:

Is it true the rumor that everything from the Habanos back catalogue is avail (and in any packaging format) for the right price? 

Some kinda Habanos Heirloom program could be the ticket. 

Yes. It's called the RE program.  :D  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'd love see stuff like CoLa's and Espy's in this format but the price point would hurt.  I think sticks that have smaller RG's and lengths are good candidates.  

Stuff like HUHC / RASCC / Petite Coronas (various marcas) / PL Montecarlos / LGC MdO 4 / Monte 1 / PSD4 / Partagas 898.

• Like 1

So I'm thinking the 50 cabs are being deleted or long gone and lots of cigars now are available in 10s. Makes sense when so many people are buying $25 or even higher priced cigars.

On 5/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, TBird55 said:

Dare I say, all of them...

This and I get the earlier point of not having too much concentration and have had a bad 50 of PLPC.  But I love the 50 cabs.

50 cabs of small cigars would be good. If you are having a minuto, panatela etc. daily with your morning coffee chances are you're already buying in bulk. You may as well purchase cabs.

• Like 1