Recommended Posts

 

One for the Czar Deck!!!

 

samsung-terrace-tv.jpg

 

SAMSUNG TERRACE OUTDOOR TV

Electronics aren't generally made for the outdoors. Especially TVs. So most outdoor sets tend to be heavy, thick, and very expensive. Samsung's out to change that with the Terrace. It's IP55 rated against water and dust intrusion, has a brightness of 2,000 nits so it can be seen in broad daylight, and has a QLED 4K display for outstanding performance. It's joined in the lineup by the Terrace Soundbar, which is similarly IP55-rated and ready for mounting underneath or directly on the TV.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, rckymtn22 said:

Wonder how much it costs?

$5K USD preorder for the 65". $6.5K for the 75"

We use a 27" computer monitor we bring out when we want to watch something on the deck. Nowhere really to mount anything permanent.

Post it up 2 feet away and it looks like a 65" screen!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mostly just use my iPad now outside to watch tv but if there was a sports event or something that I really wanted to pay attention to while I have my cigar I have a 43” TV in the guest room I bring out to the deck.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I have a 65" 4K UHD TV outside under my pergola. It's not water or dust proof, so I slip on a waterproof dust cover. Cost me less than $1500 for the whole set up (TV, mounting bracket, dust cover, plus the sparky for power and antenna). Just need to get a soundbar and bracket to hang off the TV (cover is big enough to fit a slimline soundbar as well)

Great for sitting out in the backyard relaxing watching Netflix or State of Origin with the Sydney FOH boys.

Great memories there, dear friend! ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfect! Now all I have to do is build a fabulous patio overlooking the lake at my “mountain house!” ?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 99call said:

Thats what polyester cushions are for!.....unlike natural material, they don't hold a grudge

No cushions on that wacky wooden lounger. Just your own padding to providing the cushioning (the more sedentary you are, the more cushioning).

All my outdoor chairs have cushions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How does an outdoor TV hold up in the heat.  My daughter doesn't want an outdoor TV at their home in Calabasas so it sounds like a perfect time for dad to step in and make it happen. But it gets really hot there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

How does an outdoor TV hold up in the heat.  My daughter doesn't want an outdoor TV at their home in Calabasas so it sounds like a perfect time for dad to step in and make it happen. But it gets really hot there.

A proper outdoor TV is designed to withstand outdoor weather climates. Have at look at Sunbrite, Furrion or Seura, but you'll be paying more than the Samsung in a similar size. If you want to save some money, consider an indoor TV installed in a fan ventilated weatherproof box (but the are unsightly).

PS: Just had a look at Calabasas summer temps, not much different than our summer temps in Aus. Unless the TV is in full sunshine, I don't think there would be a problem. My pergola can get quite hot in the summer if my blinds are down, easily going into the low 40s Celsius, if it is a high 30s Celsius day. I just open the blinds halfway and run my ceiling fans for a while.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to wonder about the failure rate on an indoor TV placed outdoor but under cover. If they last a year, that’s a lotta tvs. Even six months I have to wonder unless there is one helluva warranty On the outdoor tv. 

But I’m pretty cheap. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on how outdoors it will be. The more exposed, the more protection it needs. I have had mine for over a year now, sitting outside beneath my pergola. The TV is mounted beneath the awning, on a retractable bracket that can fold flat, so if the gutter above floods it won't drip directly onto the TV (also why I have a waterproof cover). I bought a relatively inexpensive TCL 4K UHD TV (previous season's model too), just on the off chance I may need to replace it in a few years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Rhinoww said:

I have to wonder about the failure rate on an indoor TV placed outdoor but under cover. If they last a year, that’s a lotta tvs. Even six months I have to wonder unless there is one helluva warranty On the outdoor tv. 

But I’m pretty cheap. 

 

Our current Deck TV is a Sony Bravia. It has been excellent but died last month (7 years).  Only issue was glare. 

There is a  very nice niche market for out door TV's that eliminate glare and provide a nice warranty against the elements 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

 

Our current Deck TV is a Sony Bravia. It has been excellent but died last month (7 years).  Only issue was glare. 

There is a  very nice niche market for out door TV's that eliminate glare and provide a nice warranty against the elements 

Buy an anti-glare film. They come in TV sizes and also jumbo rolls.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 99call said:

All I can concentrate on when looking at this picture.  How the hell do you get in and out of that chair, without A, letting out a series of middle aged grunts, and B, some equally accidental trouser trumpet?   

Fold arms and roll aggressively to the right.  If your first attempt fails, eat a lemon from your snack-bowl and try again ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I have a 65" 4K UHD TV outside under my pergola. It's not water or dust proof, so I slip on a waterproof dust cover. Cost me less than $1500 for the whole set up (TV, mounting bracket, dust cover, plus the sparky for power and antenna). Just need to get a soundbar and bracket to hang off the TV (cover is big enough to fit a slimline soundbar as well)

Great for sitting out in the backyard relaxing watching Netflix or State of Origin with the Sydney FOH boys.

1220576189_OutdoorTV.jpg.5965cfb827915d56922003a74386dadc.jpg

Simple. Once you are sitting in the chair, getting out requires lots of lubrication of the alcoholic variety. Once sufficiently pickled, getting out is easy, you will feel no aches or pains. The next day? That's a different story.

So when is the next meet :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

At this time, who knows?

Depends on whether any of you reprobates are plague ridden.

 

Nah I bought that light machine from a certain celeb cook and it's cured me of the plague.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Buy an anti-glare film. They come in TV sizes and also jumbo rolls.

Seriously.....can you imagine what the TV would look like after I put on the anti -glare film?

It would be like watching waterworld 24/7

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Seriously.....can you imagine what the TV would look like after I put on the anti -glare film?

It would be like watching waterworld 24/7

Get Ben to do it. It's called delegating, bwana. Then blame him when it's stuffed up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PigFish said:

I still call TVs boob tubes. I don’t want one in the bedroom, or outside.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Just as long as you're not wearing one. :no: :surprised:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.