Avallo 2000 Cooled

moellert

So far so good. The cabinet is very solidly built. The door has good weight to it and the magnets pull it closed with some strength. The temperature stabilized very quickly and I turned on both humidifier canisters overnight. It’s been locked at 67-68% rh and 68-70 degrees. It seems to cycle the cooling at +2 degrees above my 68 degree set point (ie turns on at 70) and cools to the set point before turning off. Keeps it in a nice tight temperature range. The fan on the thermoelectric cooler is a little more noise than the six circulation fans inside the cabinet. That said the noise is so minimal we can watch tv in bed at night with it just on the other side of my bedside table.

More to come as I have additional thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is the humidity stable throughout or does it vary from shelf to shelf?

I need to get another couple hygrometers to say for sure. I expect it should run slightly more humid at the top than bottom without intervention. That said it has six circulation fans that can set to run for 0-60 minutes an hour. So it is a matter of finding the right setting for the fans to minimize the gradient. I’ve been advised 3-5 minutes should distribute the air though some customers like to go with a bit more to ensure the gradient between too and bottom stays low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for sharing.  I placed an order with Matt back in early April for DDD+ Cooled and cant wait to get it (hoping around Christmas time, but somewhat doubtful about that).  Would love to hear more about this/see it when you get sticks loaded in.  Congrats on the new cabinet.  

Thanks for sharing.  I placed an order with Matt back in early April for DDD+ Cooled and cant wait to get it (hoping around Christmas time, but somewhat doubtful about that).  Would love to hear more about this/see it when you get sticks loaded in.  Congrats on the new cabinet.  

Loving the humidor so far. My only issue (which doesn’t seem to be the humidor’s fault) is when we leave town on vacation and I set the thermostat in the house to 78 the humidity in the humidor rises about a percent or two higher than the target. I think it is likely because the ambient RH in the house increases when the AC is running less. Still holds 68-70% RH and 68-79 degrees but definitely increases slightly versus when I’m home. I’ve installed a dehumidifier in our upstairs laundry room to try and keep the house drier when we aren’t home. Hopefully that does the trick.

Other than that minor issue it has been fantastic. Slowly but surely filling it up. Drawers are solid. Door seals nicely. And the electronics work great. Let me know if you have any specific questions or want a closer look at anything. I know how pictures and info seem to make the waiting go by faster...

• Like 1

Loving the humidor so far. My only issue (which doesn’t seem to be the humidor’s fault) is when we leave town on vacation and I set the thermostat in the house to 78 the humidity in the humidor rises about a percent or two higher than the target. I think it is likely because the ambient RH in the house increases when the AC is running less. Still holds 68-70% RH and 68-79 degrees but definitely increases slightly versus when I’m home. I’ve installed a dehumidifier in our upstairs laundry room to try and keep the house drier when we aren’t home. Hopefully that does the trick.

Other than that minor issue it has been fantastic. Slowly but surely filling it up. Drawers are solid. Door seals nicely. And the electronics work great. Let me know if you have any specific questions or want a closer look at anything. I know how pictures and info seem to make the waiting go by faster...

A few more pics now that I’ve started to move a few sticks in. Singles and my cheapo yard smokes up top. Just starting to move in some boxes. I’m just getting back into cigars after a bit of a hiatus so it is a process. Between starting from zero and my burn rate working from home during the coronavirus it is going to take a bit of time. f54b12d6de8888b98391eeca7b34785f.jpg
8f02c7a7d6e34ad897d85f78afdd98e2.jpg
b5ba2a233c2a61354abda61682f5bcba.jpg
5156f10859d1a06f04ce723357efe825.jpg

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, moellert said:

Let me know if you have any specific questions or want a closer look at anything. 

Thanks brother.  That's all great to hear and I'm glad you're enjoying the new cabinet.  My only question is, what's your EDC? Lol.  Looks like a S&W or Sig mag?

Thanks brother.  That's all great to hear and I'm glad you're enjoying the new cabinet.  My only question is, what's your EDC? Lol.  Looks like a S&W or Sig mag?

Haha. Sig P320. In these uncertain times I don’t leave home without it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moellert said:

Haha. Sig P320. In these uncertain times I don’t leave home without it!

Here here.  I usually switch between a Glock 27 or 19 and SW M&P 9.  Can’t be too careful anymore.  Rather have it and not need it than not have it and need it!

• Like 1