Humidifier Recommendation for Cabinet Humidor

I have a "standard" 6 foot tall cabinet humidor with a Cigar Oasis XL II(not Ultra 1.0 as previously stated)  The unit doesn't seem to behave the way it used to.  I set it to 62RH and it keeps running well into the 80RH threshold.  It should stop when it hits the set mark, but it doesn't.  So, in the meantime, I'm using a bunch of beads to keep it at the 62/64RH mark and looking to replace this unit.  

I'm open to recommendations with the following criteria.

Must have:

• Price: $200USD range.
  • Auto sensing.  Turns off when it hits set mark for RH. 
  • Suited for the volume I need to humidify.  (Roughly 70 inches tall, 20 inches wide. 15 inches deep)
  • Empty reservoir.  So I can use the beads I currently have. Anything with foam, etc that takes up the cavity is a non starter. 

Nice to have:

• Extra connectors for circulation fans, lights, etc.
  • "Smart".  WiFi or bluetooth enabled for remote notifications, management, etc.  App or web interface.

Let me know your thoughts.  :) 

Here's a pic of the unit.

CabinetHumidor-sm.jpg.2d877bd481b0987a29626b768a12fe49.jpg

• Like 1

Typically the Cigar Oasis unit keeps running if it's either out of water, or the water is too high and tripping the sensor

I run a 2.0 Magna in my CC cabinet humidor and after I calibrated the RH the thing is a rock. Isn't the Oasis Ultra the little guy? I would think a cabinet that size would need a Magna at minimum. 

• Like 1

Seems like your options can be the Cigar Oasis Magna mentioned above, maybe purchase a electronic humidification system from Aristocrat humidors it does seem to be a bit of your price range though. http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/electronic.htm  From my understanding those are still for sale. 

You could also see the Arodini electronic humidifiers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Typically the Cigar Oasis unit keeps running if it's either out of water, or the water is too high and tripping the sensor

I run a 2.0 Magna in my CC cabinet humidor and after I calibrated the RH the thing is a rock. Isn't the Oasis Ultra the little guy? I would think a cabinet that size would need a Magna at minimum. 

I just took a look.  I might have put too many beads and water in there. They really expanded.  I removed some so its now by the fill line. I'll see how it behaves for a week before moving forward.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pigpen said:

Do you wrap your boxes in clingfilm ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saran Wrap. Yes. To slow down the aging process on some boxes where I have multiples

6 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Saran Wrap. Yes. To slow down the aging process on some boxes where I have multiples

Probably a dumb question by why would you want/need to slow it down ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pigpen said:

Probably a dumb question by why would you want/need to slow it down ?

Not dumb.  There's a lot of cigars in that cabinet and I don't smoke daily. So many boxes might remain untouched for years depending on what is smoking well at any given point. So, I wrap a bunch of them to slow the aging process a bit.  And I only wrap cigars of which I have multiples of.  In that middle row, you can see 5 PSD4 boxes, some La Escecpion and some Bolivar Royal Coronas.  It will take me years to get through those.  And FWIW.  The box sealing is more of a whim vs a quantitative exercise.  It's something I've heard others do so I'm giving it a try.  :)

• Like 1

Not dumb.  There's a lot of cigars in that cabinet and I don't smoke daily. So many boxes might remain untouched for years depending on what is smoking well at any given point. So, I wrap a bunch of them to slow the aging process a bit.  And I only wrap cigars of which I have multiples of.  In that middle row, you can see 5 PSD4 boxes, some La Escecpion and some Bolivar Royal Coronas.  It will take me years to get through those.  And FWIW.  The box sealing is more of a whim vs a quantitative exercise.  It's something I've heard others do so I'm giving it a try. 

Sounds sensible, might have a bash with it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1