What's your strategy to get the health labels off your cigar boxes?

As the title states what's your strategy to removing the health warning labels from cigar boxes? 

Do you use different techniques for dress boxes vs SLBs? 

Have a box of Monte 4s arriving shortly with health warnings from spain and would love to remove them. Is a blow dryer the best approach???

4 minutes ago, benfica_77 said:

Peanut butter! lolll ?

Actually I’m serious about the PB. Try it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Markspring1978 said:

Actually I’m serious about the PB. Try it. 

I believe you i remember as a kid using peanut butter to clean old coins, among other things like lemon juice. 

I will try it and keep you posted with the results. Thanks for the idea! :)

Just now, benfica_77 said:

I will try it and keep you posted with the results.

For the record, “thin layer”. 

• Thanks 1

Depending on the age of the box/stickers and how “good” they were put on, I was able to peel off the labels pretty good with no blow dryer on a box I got in Mexico. I was semi careful. I didn’t bother being careful too much and it came out pretty good. Just wanted the awful mouth cancer photos pasted all over the box gone. 

Color me Ig’nant! When I read “health labels”, I was thinking “why do you care, just leave them on...”

I ain’t ever seen THAT sh*t! ?

21EF0FF9-03B5-49BF-BD53-DC5C6351FA0F.jpeg

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Chas.Alpha said:

Color me Ig’nant! When I read “health labels”, I was thinking “why do you care, just leave them on...”

I ain’t ever seen THAT sh*t! ?

21EF0FF9-03B5-49BF-BD53-DC5C6351FA0F.jpeg

some countries have completely gone off the reservation with the labels and packaging.  I can only imagine the staff meetings where a board expresses their fear of a group of 17 year olds standing outside a Tobacco shop trying to get people to buy them the new La Flor de Cano Spanish Regionals ??‍♂️?

On 5/28/2020 at 10:42 AM, KavalanWhisky said:

Lighter fluid and an Iron....

I saw @pandyboy used lighter fluid to remove warning stickers on CC boxes, but never saw an iron for removing these annoying stickers. Do I have to empty the CC box if I use an iron and lighter fluid to remove obnoxious warning stickers?

Glad that CCs from our host don't have these health warning stickers! ?

• Like 1

Isopropyl works every time 

So I used my wife's blow dryer and systematically worked from one edge to another. There was a sticky residue left so I did use Isopropyl with a towel and just rubbed it on the sticky parts. Check if its still sticky after it dries out and then re-apply more isopropyl if need be. here's the before and after photos. Cheers! 

MVIMG_20200605_133106.jpg.88e0e349a0272cb4e9d6d89bc812f547.jpgMVIMG_20200605_133044.jpg.edff1d7f9a227eee2db847fd06cd9644.jpgMVIMG_20200605_125441.jpg.dbd1ca09076f7e08394725b32b6c61de.jpgMVIMG_20200605_125418.jpg.be6e4bc61928c3d82f036280ee132a15.jpg

On 5/31/2020 at 12:15 AM, Ken Gargett said:

when they started, hated them. now, i don't even notice them. it would never occur to me to bother spending time trying to get one off. 

Ken your way of life reminds me a lot of the honey badger. Just don't give an F and do what you like. Ken "honey badger" Gargett would be your boxing / mma nickname. 

• Haha 1

Well, this is taken more seriously than I would have thought!  

1 hour ago, MasterYotti said:

Out of curiosity, what countries still apply labels like this to Cuban cigars?

All european countires...if you buy in Hong Kong...in Canada and Australia as well. So a lot lol

4 hours ago, benfica_77 said:

Ken your way of life reminds me a lot of the honey badger. Just don't give an F and do what you like. Ken "honey badger" Gargett would be your boxing / mma nickname. 

we have a well known honey badger in australia, so already taken. he played for the wallabies so i am not going to compete for it. 

but thanks for the thought.