hello from northern virginia

Boxer31

just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself - name is Frank and currently live in Northern VA (outside of wash, dc). first time posting but have been reading and enjoying the forum during the lockdown.  also ordered more than a few cigars from here (this 24:24 is unreal), hopefully getting first shipment early next week (wait is unbearable). had to purchase another humidor, but now in process of ordering avallo cabinet - need more room. got back into cigars during my time in Tampa.  enjoy good scotch, bourbon & rum.  big fan of football both NFL & Premier League, also F1.  also can't wait to get back playing hockey (not too old) & golf again. 

2 hours ago, Boxer31 said:

just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself - name is Frank and currently live in Northern VA (outside of wash, dc). first time posting but have been reading and enjoying the forum during the lockdown.  also ordered more than a few cigars from here (this 24:24 is unreal), hopefully getting first shipment early next week (wait is unbearable). had to purchase another humidor, but now in process of ordering avallo cabinet - need more room. got back into cigars during my time in Tampa.  enjoy good scotch, bourbon & rum.  big fan of football both NFL & Premier League, also F1.  also can't wait to get back playing hockey (not too old) & golf again. 

welcome. where in VA? (yes, outside DC but i was thinking more specifically). 

2 hours ago, Boxer31 said:

Ken - close to Dulles airport 

okay, bit further out than my old location.

i lived at 4111 Vacation Lane, Arlington, many years ago. back when the skins were a great side. 

by chance, i was at a wine event (the biennial pinot noir conference in the mornington peninsula at the arse end of victoria last year) and ran into an american couple in a lift. they were out for it as well. turns out they lived in Vacation Lane now. 

Lol - when the skins were good..  they have trouble filling the stadium now it’s embarrassing(thank god they are not my team)   What a coincidence. That’s great when u meet complete strangers and instantly have something in common to chat about.  Love the reviews. 

1 hour ago, Boxer31 said:

Lol - when the skins were good..  they have trouble filling the stadium now it’s embarrassing(thank god they are not my team)   What a coincidence. That’s great when u meet complete strangers and instantly have something in common to chat about.  Love the reviews. 

thanks. these days, it almost seems that every game is an away game. when i was there, the only chance to see them was scalping a ticket, which i did and they got done by the then worst team, the cowboys, on a freezing day (don't think they lost another at home all that season). the stadium was sold out for about ten years into the future. who would have imagined????