The Witcher

Colt45

Stumbled upon this by accident and recently watched the first season. I like Cavill and was hoping for / expecting it to be a little more all out action oriented after the beginning of the first episode, but was drawn in and enjoyed it nonetheless. If asked to describe it, I'd call it a bit of a mash-up of Game of Thrones (though I've only seen a couple of episodes), Mandalorian, Highlander, and Lord of The Rings - which is not to say derivative, but meant merely as a descriptor.

4 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Stumbled upon this by accident and recently watched the first season. I like Cavill and was hoping for / expecting it to be a little more all out action oriented after the beginning of the first episode, but was drawn in and enjoyed it nonetheless. If asked to describe it, I'd call it a bit of a mash-up of Game of Thrones (though I've only seen a couple of episodes), Mandalorian, Highlander, and Lord of The Rings - which is not to say derivative, but meant merely as a descriptor.

colt, very much the same. by accident. like cavill.

enjoyed it for a bit but in the end, i found it dragged. a bit of all of those you mentioned, though i have not seen mandalorian. i gave up. i gather there are a heap of books on which it is based but not read any. 

18 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

enjoyed it for a bit but in the end, i found it dragged.

KG, it did drag for me in spots, but I mostly found that when I was starting to get "bored", the story / timeline would switch and I'd be back in. I do think that perhaps episodes could be slightly shorter, but that's subjective. I am interested in how the second season will unfold, and for example, was glad they did not drag out Geralt and Ciri finally meeting.

1 hour ago, Colt45 said:

KG, it did drag for me in spots, but I mostly found that when I was starting to get "bored", the story / timeline would switch and I'd be back in. I do think that perhaps episodes could be slightly shorter, but that's subjective. I am interested in how the second season will unfold, and for example, was glad they did not drag out Geralt and Ciri finally meeting.

colt, let me know what you think. it did not do enough for me to get me to line up for another season but i can always be persuaded otherwise. 

Put me right to sleep every time the wife queued it up.

Was too slow to keep me watching, even with all the skin.