• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd reckon that it would have to be this beauty. A Mercedes-Benz 300SL  

I'd have to go with a classic 300SL Gullwing

9 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

My uncle had a Series I convertible in the same red, but with camel interior.

The series 1 is the most beautiful, no doubt, and it’s by far the most valuable in today’s market. I hope you got a ride in it at some point!

6 hours ago, scap99 said:

Was that one the Cimmaron?

I had the Chevy version for my first car.  An 86 Cavalier Z24.  The little 2.8 had some pep, but otherwise the car was rolling disaster.

Cimarron it is.

Once said by an automotive journalist: "[The Cimarron is] everything that was wrong, venal, lazy, and mendacious about GM in the 1980s was crystallized in this flagrant insult to the good name and fine customers of Cadillac."

I would say the Cavalier was actually a success for GM. I always saw lots of them in the 80s and 90s. Inexpensive, relatively reliable, decent-looking semi-sporty option for the under 35 crowd. But they couldn't resist slapping a luxury badge on a economy car. 

You know it's bad when the Allante was much more successful:

the-confusing-story-of-the-cadillac-alla

Worst badging decision since Maserati slapped a badge on a Chrysler LeBaron:

3ChryslerTC.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=47

• Haha 1

One for the Brit's of a certain age. Mkii Ford Capri 1974+
Tweaked from the Mki to make it more user friendly, body still rotted around a solid big engine though... 5a79b144630e878318e41fb784f75416.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1964 1/2 Mustang convertible. 1966 Lincoln Continental convertible with suicide doors. I cut it down to two by deleting the 1959 Fairlane retractable hardtop, but two is as low as I can go.

23 minutes ago, Bill Hayes said:

My second choice from the Aussie muscle cars of the 70's and 80'3 - The Holden SLR 5000 Torana. It even has it's name on the side, just in case you forget. ?

IMG_5311.JPG

You know what they used to say about Toranas... Ton Of Rust And No Acceleration! :P

And it seems about right that it would be out front of a massage parlour! :D

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 9:50 PM, dominattorney said:

Man after my own heart. This is what I actually have in my garage right now. 20191116_160115.jpg.0466e0574437133492f5d83761d5dd9e.jpg

Love the Giulia! We have a Stelvio.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Love the Giulia! We have a Stelvio.

I'm annoyed they canned the new GTV, based on the Giulia platform. Wanted to get another Alfa, but I want a 2 door coupe.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:59 PM, Onsto said:

The series 1 is the most beautiful, no doubt, and it’s by far the most valuable in today’s market. I hope you got a ride in it at some point!

He did not do a good job of taking care of and it slowly declined in condition to a point where he sold it.  Car was restored in TX, sold to my uncle in MA, and he sold it to someone who shipped it to Switzerland.   We've had many Jaguar's in my family.

7 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I'm annoyed they canned the new GTV, based on the Giulia platform. Wanted to get another Alfa, but I want a 2 door coupe.

This is my old Alfa.  Had it for 4-5 years and sold it back the guy I bought it off of!  He then did a little rust repair, swapped the dash and gauges for the cool Alfetta style and shipped the car to Israel.

I play to buy a 4C Spider at some point as a 2nd car.

kc0310-91806_2[1].jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

This is my old Alfa.  Had it for 4-5 years and sold it back the guy I bought it off of!  He then did a little rust repair, swapped the dash and gauges for the cool Alfetta style and shipped the car to Israel.

I play to buy a 4C Spider at some point as a 2nd car.

kc0310-91806_2[1].jpg

I drove the 4c couple and there is nothing like it out there in that price range.  That was before the mid engine corvette came out. Decisions, decisions. Eother way, the spider would make an excellent second car.

1 minute ago, dominattorney said:

I drove the 4c couple and there is nothing like it out there in that price range.  That was before the mid engine corvette came out. Decisions, decisions. Eother way, the spider would make an excellent second car.

I'd take the 4C over the new Vette any day.

• Like 1