The final third

My cigars usually burn beautifully with no relights or touch ups necessary, until the final third, when it seems impossible to keep the thing lit for more than a few puffs. I also find a lot of wrappers splitting at that point.

I wondered if the frequent relights could be causing the wrapper to split, not sure why the relights are necessary though.

Anybody else experience frequent burn issues in the final third?

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Is one marca or a whole bunch of them? I'd say what @throberto suggested dry box to even out the RH in the cigars and see. Maybe it's placement in the humidor and the head of cigars are getting more RH.

The humidity where you are smoking also has an impact on the burn of a cigar. I I spent years in FL and if I was smoking at a particularly humid part of the day the issue you are experiencing can be common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Sir Diggamus said:

The humidity where you are smoking also has an impact on the burn of a cigar. I I spent years in FL and if I was smoking at a particularly humid part of the day the issue you are experiencing can be common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

sounds more like the humidity where you're smoking over the humidity of your humidor.

As these guys mentioned its more likely the humidity of where you are smoking as I find during the summer its super humid and so by the final third the cigar changes drastically.

One thing to try if the flavour is really not how you like it, try purging the cigar, blowing back out a few times and see if that improves the flavour.