Dream Lighters

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an St Dupont Hooked, Defi Extreme, but the dream Dupont is the Le Grand. I also own a vintage Dunhill Rollagas which is gorgeous, but the LG is something else. Soft and jet flame... That's wh

I have several Duponts. My old favorite was my Punch and Tobey lighter, but that one was stolen from me. This is the prettiest of my collection.

Most of us use relatively inexpensive lighters on a regular basis. I will use a FOH travel lighter 99% of the time these days However I have a huge appreciation of a  great lighter. I love the in

I can’t remember the brand but I used to have a lighter with a cap that opened when you pulled the button with a dual torch that switched to a dual soft flame when the button was released  Had to close the cap to extinguish it. Best lighter I ever used. Would love to get another if anyone knows what I’m talking about and can tell me if they’re still out there. 

image.jpeg.813b675662c9dc5c579322a1e89bdaad.jpeg
of course it's my first attempt at a post in years and i botch attaching video....
mine has forever been the Ronson Touch Tip Lighter that Sam Spade uses in The Maltese Falcon

One of my favorite movies if all time! I have a replica of the original movie poster staring at you as you go up the stairs to my man cave!

Always liked that lighter as well!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Most of us use relatively inexpensive lighters on a regular basis. I will use a FOH travel lighter 99% of the time these days

However I have a huge appreciation of a  great lighter. I love the intricate design, weight and tactile feel in the hand. 

In terms of style, my dream lighter would be a ST Dupont Art & Technique.  There are more expensive lighters but it just does it for me. 

Post up your dream lighter....."the lighter that makes you go hmmm" :cigar:

St Dupont Art & Technique Lighter

St Dupont Art & Technique Lighter

s-l1600.jpg

I was just looking at this on ebay this weekend. Gorgeous. 

A friend of mine growing up (next school bus stop) use to be the creative design head for ST Dupont.  He designed all the 007 themed lighters etc.  He's not into cigars though.  Now runs Brioni (Italian clothes manufacturer). 

Has anyone ever overhauled a lighter by themselves? 

Since I'm side squeeze single flame torch lighter fan, my dream lighter is S.T. Dupont Defi Extreme. It's quite similar to XIKAR Executive II, but better design with more power and reliability.

My Dream Lighter #1

Another dream lighter is Iroda Pro-Torch PT-220, which will be used as tabletop lighter at herf settings. It ain't fancy lighter, but its large fuel tank and massive power makes it great herf lighter for sure (it has soft and torch flames too)!

My Dream Lighter #2

Note. I don't have any dream soft flame lighters, as I'm not a soft flame fan. My fingers and nails always melt every time I light cigars with soft flames. Besides, I also feel pain on my fingers when I use flint lighters like BIC. Furthermore, soft flame lighters are more expensive than torch lighters, so I'd rather use cigar matches than soft flame lighters instead when I have to use soft flame like lighting pipe tobacco.

• Like 1

Another vote for the ST Dupont Le Grand. The gold and enamel version is really nice.

download.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/1/2020 at 4:53 PM, Stanislaw said:

image.jpeg.813b675662c9dc5c579322a1e89bdaad.jpeg

of course it's my first attempt at a post in years and i botch attaching video....

mine has forever been the Ronson Touch Tip Lighter that Sam Spade uses in The Maltese Falcon

https://youtu.be/r6nMyAf7KN8

I have forever wanted to know what this type of lighter was called. Thanks!!!

Being another fan of the MF, I have always wanted one of these lighters.

-the Pig

• Like 1