Dream Lighters

Today I took delivery of an S T Dupont Slim 7. Opted for the chrome one and got the old man the gold one. Only used it once so far but the square flame worked a treat lighting my Juan Lopez 2. Perfect all round even light. Kinda shocked me. Slight toast. Gave it a blast and a drag and it was lit perfect. 

I think the wide flame really helped. The Le Grand of course looks a fantastic lighter and I was sorely tempted. But well... it costs nigh on a grand. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an St Dupont Hooked, Defi Extreme, but the dream Dupont is the Le Grand. I also own a vintage Dunhill Rollagas which is gorgeous, but the LG is something else. Soft and jet flame... That's wh

I have several Duponts. My old favorite was my Punch and Tobey lighter, but that one was stolen from me. This is the prettiest of my collection.

Most of us use relatively inexpensive lighters on a regular basis. I will use a FOH travel lighter 99% of the time these days However I have a huge appreciation of a  great lighter. I love the in

St Dupont Ligne 2 large. I love love how it looks and feels in the hand, but have to admit that a single flame torch is far more practical. 

FCDE9959-65C1-4B38-8197-9416A643D6FA.jpeg.504c69e330688c41af2aa92039249a54.jpeg
Single Flame Torch is the most foolproof and practical way to light cigars to me as well!

나의 SM-N950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 6:09 AM, Yellot00tr said:

The Le Grand is awesome. I have it, but only used it once when I got it. That’s the problem with collecting lighters. I don’t really use them, so I stopped buying a new one every month.

I really like the LeGrand in Blue

But some of the reviews suggest they scratch very easily.  That would be a concern.  

In your experience is this true?

I have the one on the right.
What is the model on the right? I picked one up at an auction and it's fine away for service. The machining is exceptional, when it's closed you can't see the join line it's that exact

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, bwgan said:

What is the model on the right? I picked one up at an auction and it's fine away for service. The machining is exceptional, when it's closed you can't see the join line it's that exact

Not sure the official model name.  It's silver plate, I had it converted to dual flame in '97.  It uses the green gas cartridge.

I don't understand the waggle... If someone gave me crap for my "buy one get one free" vortex 3-jet for $13, I'd have a hard temptation to to use an explicative. If I see someone with an S.T. Dupont, sure it's a conversation starter, but conversation with strangers isn't worth that value. I'd rather buy a box of Sir Davids.

• Like 4

On 2/2/2021 at 11:32 PM, BoliDan said:

I don't understand the waggle... If someone gave me crap for my "buy one get one free" vortex 3-jet for $13, I'd have a hard temptation to to use an explicative. If I see someone with an S.T. Dupont, sure it's a conversation starter, but conversation with strangers isn't worth that value. I'd rather buy a box of Sir Davids.

Why not do both?  Sir David's and ST Dupont.

• 2 weeks later...