Dream Lighters

On 6/2/2020 at 9:23 PM, Akela3rd said:
I had my dream lighter...
Alligator skin Ronson, bought at a flea market in St Petersburg, FLA in the late summer of 1989. Left it in a diner in Sarasota at 3am and was handed it back a few days later by the waitress. Lost it again on another night out and that was it. Ten days max I had that lighter and I still miss it.
Looked something like this if anyone picked it up...

Pigskin, not alligator but I found a Ronson Senator in a junk shop last weekend and just had to get it

0a967ba904814dac324cd3ed107ef290.jpg

Sent by spooky action at a distance

• Like 3

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got an St Dupont Hooked, Defi Extreme, but the dream Dupont is the Le Grand. I also own a vintage Dunhill Rollagas which is gorgeous, but the LG is something else. Soft and jet flame... That's wh

I have several Duponts. My old favorite was my Punch and Tobey lighter, but that one was stolen from me. This is the prettiest of my collection.

Most of us use relatively inexpensive lighters on a regular basis. I will use a FOH travel lighter 99% of the time these days However I have a huge appreciation of a  great lighter. I love the in

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, liquid360 said:

Modern… purple is my color so had to have them.

When was that manufactured?  A friend of mine was the creative head of ST Dupont when the 007 stuff came out.

9 hours ago, liquid360 said:

Just purchased this one and the matching fountain pen. I have a serious weakness for all things DuPont.

Congrats on the lovely pen and lighter. :2thumbs:

And it comes with a fine dusting of hair! :P

• Like 1

Congrats on the lovely pen and lighter. default_2thumbs.gif
And it comes with a fine dusting of hair!

Cat hair… gets everywhere. Thanks!

Here’s info on the lighter…
“The ST Dupont ATELIER was created in 1953 in our manufacture in Faverges; real place of creation of special orders or exceptional objects for exceptional people. It has all the secrets of manufacturing of our precious lighters an illustrates perfectly the art of goldsmith and lacquer of the brand.
For “collection ST Dupont ATELIER”, the former S.T. DUPONT’ script is slightly engraved on the banner at the front of the lighter. The date 1953 and the symbol of the winged wheel are finely engraved on the product and evoke the date of creation of the ATELIER and the brand unique know-how in goldsmith. Ancient know how, noble materials and perfect finishes make the ST Dupont lighter, a cult object, passed down from generation to generation.”

https://tobacconistofgreenwich.com/product/s-t-dupont-ligne-2-atelier-purple/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a setup of my dream accessories for when I smoke indoors. Love the ST Dupont brand. This is the Le Grand lighter with dual soft flame and single torch, the punch cutter, and the double cutter with straight cut and v-cut. 

71885F38-64FB-497C-9FE8-C84C5639B8AD.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Capn_Jackson said:

After my grandpa’s death, I got this 1920’s lighter from his things.

My Dad just recently told me the whole story behind it. Before WWII, my grandpa, Herman, got a job with Ma Bell (AT&T). During the war, he served the Communications branch of the US Army, and after the war he went back to work for Ma Bell. His old boss wanted to see him and thank him for his service, so called him to his office. After welcoming Herman back, the boss noticed he was looking at this old lighter. He said it was a gift from the company, his prized lighter. He offered Herman a cigar and even though my grandpa didn’t normally smoke, he accepted. They talked and smoked together, and then he told my grandpa to take the lighter as a “welcome back” gift. My grandpa didn’t normally smoke, like I said, but didn’t want to turn down such a thoughtful gift. Ever since then, it hadn’t been used. Just a decoration. I recently opened it up and replaced all the cotton filler and wick. Flint is still original. Works like a dream, at roughly 100 years old!

Best lighter ever. Old and a personal family story behind it. Awesome!

I'm a softy.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 9:38 AM, Luca said:

Got one of my Dream Table lighters this year. Its a c1980s ST Dupont. Serviced and works great. I love it. I use it almost daily.

Next dream lighter on the list is a Dunhill Unique Table Lighter. Id love to own one someday.

I saw this on Foulkes & Son cigar YouTube and really wanted it!! Just hilarious the misproportionate size of it. 

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 8:44 PM, KavalanWhisky said:

I saw this on Foulkes & Son cigar YouTube and really wanted it!! Just hilarious the misproportionate size of it. 

It's huge! They do come up here and there. If you'd like to know more PM me.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:17 AM, Luca said:

Dunhill Rollalite Watch lighter

It's a petrol lighter with a Swiss watch movement located on the top. Not the best for lighting cigars but I thought I'd share this. It's beautiful and very very rare.

Attached is an image of a similar watch movement which would of been used in Dunhills like this.

They had a silver one like this at Bergdorf a while back.  Very cool!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...