Forced cigar hiatus....surgery next week

Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery!!

Get plenty of rest, and create a line-up of the first few cigars you'll have to celebrate your full recovery! ?

• Like 1

I had a discectomy and fusion with a cadaver bone about 3 years ago on c5-c6. I quit smoking cigars and drinking for about 1 month before and 5 months after surgery. Not that hard because I knew that it was important. Get on your feet as soon as you can. I walked 5 minutes 5 times a day starting the day after surgery and increased it a minute every day. Doctor encouraged it and I have a degree in Exercise Physiology so was insistent on doing something besides laying in bed.

Good luck and it's worth it!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Good luck with it all !

Keep in touch post surgery and let us know how you are going.

When you eventually do get back to a cigar, join us on FOH zoom herf. We will celebrate with you!

• Like 1

Will definitely have a cigar for you on Wednesday. Speedy recovery to you ,fun times ahead . Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

• Like 1

Well, I lived. Home from the hospital yesterday. Settling into our new routines. Surgery was hardest than expected. The nerve compression was much tighter than expected...more Nerve pain in recovery than expected. Nerve pain sucks.  I’m managing the pain well, weening off the hard stuff starting tomorrow. 

I'm up walking (with a walker) as much as I can. Trying to do 5–10 minutes each time. I definitely feel the most releif after walking  

I miss the sticks but I’ve got too much invested in his surgery to screw-it up. 

this surgery cost BCBS $955K. Our system is so broken. For that money the food should have been far better. 

take care all. 

• Like 3