Summer and Winter cigars? Does your rotation change?

Summer 

• QDO Coronas Claro
  • Trinidad Coloniales
  • R&J Exhibition no 4
  • PL Picadores
  • Cuaba Diademas
  • Dip 2
  • RGPC
  • Winnies
  • Fonseca 1

Winter

• Boli 1
  • Party 898
  • Upmann Mag 46
  • JL1
  • R&J Petit Royales
  • Upmann No 2

RGPC is my biggest seasonal crossover cigar, always in the mood for this cigar

• Like 3

Granted I’m only about a year deep down the CC rabbit hole, but like many I went down quickly. Started w the smaller sticks, moved to the Robustos and then some of the much longer sticks. 

I am driven more by allotted time and ability to smoke in comfort. The extremes - both heat and cold- drive me to the the Party short, Rasc and Bolivia CJ. Weather has been spectacular and I have had time lately so I have been venturing into the 19 Lusitania, the Churchill’s and the 898’s. The JL 1 and 2, BBF, PSD4 Epi 1 and 2 have been mainstays. Other sticks are more special occasion driven rather than weather (I’m looking at you CORO, ESPY and sig Vi. 

this is a great question and I’m very interested to see responses from BOTL who have a deeper aged and ready to smoke collection. 

Favorite summer Marcas

Cohiba, Hoyo, RyJ, Juan Lopez, Diplomaticos

Winter

Partagas, H Upmann, Bolivar, Montecristo, Trinidad

It does and more so with alcohol. Summer G&T replaced with sharaz and cab sav . San Juan replaced with Cohiba Magicos. In winter I  don't smoke as much during the day , so through the cool evenings it's smaller stuff like Party Shorts , Half corona's Petit Edmundo . Where normally it would be Monte 2 , San Juan , Libertador, Churchill etc

generally lighter cigars in the summer and darker fuller ones in the winter, probably more of a biased preconception. I currently live in a city where summer and winter are on extreme ends both in temperature in humidity, when I'm back home in Sydney and I could smoke any cigar anytime. My current go to are:

Summer

Hoyo Epi de Luxe

Winter

SLR Reggio

7 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Have you noticed that your cigar rotation changes somewhat in Summer and Winter?  :thinking:

Rotate your cigars? :confused: Is that like when they used to say you had to give your bottles of wine a 1/4 rotation every so often to age properly? And does it matter if you are in the northern or southern hemisphere? What about people living on the equator?! Can't imagine going through my humidor to rotate all my cigars 1/4 turn. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Rotate your cigars? :confused: Is that like when they used to say you had to give your bottles of wine a 1/4 rotation every so often to age properly? And does it matter if you are in the northern or southern hemisphere? What about people living on the equator?! Can't imagine going through my humidor to rotate all my cigars 1/4 turn. :rolleyes:

..........you know that I have never been able to age wine :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

I do not change my rotation of cigars seasonally. During the winter months, I may have a total of a half a dozen cigars. It's just too cold to enjoy a cigar outside and I do not have an inside space that I can smoke in. Summer rotation of Upmann, Monte, Hoyo, an ocassional Bolivar.

I definitely smoke more during summer, maybe 5 a day, vs winter, maybe like 1 a day. Just because it gets dark early and cold outside even with two heaters. Also smoke a lot more small cigars than large ones. 

I live in Florida. Winter generally lasts about a week...

• Like 1

All the seasons pretty much blend together down here in South Florida, so no, I don't switch it up between summer/winter.  If I am traveling in the winter to cold locations I'll probably bring shorter sticks (HUHC, Monte No 5, Petit Coronas, etc.) since my blood has thinned out and I get cold quicker being outside.  

My rotation of maracas doesn't really change seasonally. I've found depending on time I have on hand that dictates what I smoke more now then when I was some single bastard without a kid. I never thought of a seasonal maraca change like beer but I can appreciate and understand.

Seasonally I do change when I smoke more. Call me what you will but I want the optimal weather outside for my cigar smoking time.

Winter -> I smoke more in the mid day then any other time. If it's too cold outside in the night then screw it, it's not worth it to me. Summer -> If I can get it in an early morning smoke or evening time when temps cool down then I'm all in. I'm not a big fan of sitting somewhere sweating and smoking. 

As Habanos go, not really. I do smoke more NC's in the colder months, as my local lounge has a "buy something if you're going to smoke here" policy. They're quietly ok with bringing your own, as long as you abide by the policy. About a quarter of the time I'll smoke what I bought there the day that I bought it. Though I'll often follow it with a Hoyo de Depute, Partagas Short, etc.