Howdy from the South

rockinarl

Howdy,

I just got back into smoking cigars after a several year hiatus. I have been disappointed with my selection available locally and wanted to try something new. Why not start off with a quick google search on where to find some good stogies. This search led me to FOH, and have been relatively addicted to watching the 24:24 sales and reading through all of this forum for the past month. 

I am what I would consider a casual enjoyer of cigars. I smoke one or two a week and have never had the opportunity to enjoy a CC. I am excited about the aging process and have already made several 24:24 orders. 

I have also set up a couple of humidors for my pending orders. i have a few questions for the group to get started.

1. Should I store CC and NC together in the same Humidor?

2. is there any way of seeing the old 24:24 posts easily. I would like to have some record of box dates for the partial boxes that I have ordered.

3. Does the group have any tips on labeling/tracking singles. I want to keep record of each stick and be able to reference the date prior to enjoyment. I have kept up with an excel document, but want to make sure that I can keep track of individuals sticks in my humidor as the collection continues to grow.

4. Does anyone insure their collection? Any recommendation on where to get these insured?. Obviously my collection is small now, but can see it expanding considerably over the next few years (realistically a few months).

I'm excited to join the group and to continue to learn about this fabulous hobby!!

Welcome @rockinarl.

You will be okay storing CC and NC together, though most will say that CCs are better at lower RH (60-65) and it seems many who smoke NCs seem to recommend higher than 65. If space and cost is an issue, store them together and error on the lower side, it's much better for the CCs and I don't think the lower RH will negatively affect the NCs.

No, unfortunately you cannot see the old 24:24 threads, they are deleted each day, but there is a thread that is called the "running box code list", that tracks the box codes from the 24:24s, you can request access, it's a Google doc spreadsheet. Look under the "ReFOHreference" area.

For tracking singles you can get a box of individual blank bands that you can write on and wrap around your sticks, I picked up some on Amazon.

Cheers

• Like 1