Partagas Mille Fleur - OBM Nov 16

This is my first box of Partagas Mille Fleurs, I'm half way through with the box and figured I'd give a quick review

So far the box has been a little inconsistent flavor wise, some lean more towards the sweet and creamy, and others more towards woody chocolate, but all have a nice floral note right at the beginning.  wrappers are a dark colorado with a nice smooth oily surface

partymillfleur.jpg.066ea828c9cce6d9c52b79a4dc5cb586.jpg

Todays smoke is much more towards the woody side of the spectrum. The draw as with most of the box is a bit constricted, but smoke production is more then adequate

As with the rest of the box this one starts off with a strong floral note, with some wood and coco nibs in the first third. There's really no spice on the retrohale, but a bit of wood and chocolate. the finish is very short, and nondescript. The burn was a little wavy, but corrected it's self as I moved into the second half of the cigar.

IMG_20200618_121521.jpg.188d864faa2b0211b5d35f96b3e32bf6.jpg

The second third starts off much as the first, mostly wood and coco. The retro, if possible is getting even milder with very slight hints of cream with the coco. the finish is still pretty none existent, with maybe just a slight sweet tobacco and cream, but it leaves me searching for flavor.

IMG_20200618_123139.jpg.f3b1289201f86d57593f0ea2cbf22e98.jpgT

The cigar really came to life right at the end, which I find is the best part of the MF regardless of which side of the spectrum the particular stick starts on. Wood returns with coco, creamy coffee, and a touch of tangy and sweet, sort of like citrus, but not sour .There's finally a bit of spice developing to, more toward baking spices then pepper, but it adds a little zing. The retrohale is still very tame, but now has a strong milk chocolate body, which leads in to a long creamy finish that really sticks to the tongue and palate. The last third of the cigar made my mouth salivate like crazy. The body and strength continue building all the way to the nub, only becoming a bit to woody bitter within the last 3/4"

IMG_20200618_125852_0.jpg.77b094c4d64c45721aca54451a546dbd.jpg

These little sticks take a little bit of smoke time to develop, but the finale is well worth the wait. Total time was just over an hour. Strengh over all is mild, and body goes from mild to a solid medium

While I've never tried one of these sticks young, I'd definitely recommend not passing up the chance to age a few of these. 91/100

Thanks for reading

• Like 2