Holy Grail Cigars that Age Superbly: Des Dieux 50

12 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

03 was a great year for DD. 

Agree wholeheartedly. 

from 2003,  Des Dieux,  Winston, Saint Luis Rey Double Corona, Esplendidos and Serie du Connaisseur No. 1/2/3 hold fond memories and are always on my radar. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

The Des Dieux flavour profile is something that we have tried to emulate in one of the new 2020 Nudie releases. 

Unfortunately I have never had a DD. Fortunately we have the Nudies.

Do you expect a period of aging before achieving the DD profile? Or should they be ready to go after a rest? 

Just now, Meklown said:

Unfortunately I have never had a DD. Fortunately we have the Nudies.

Do you expect a period of aging before achieving the DD profile? Or should they be ready to go after a rest? 

I have a panel of testers (who know DD) ready to go. They will let you know in about 3 weeks time :cigar:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I finished my cab of '03 Des Dieux earlier than my '03 cab of Punch Super Selection No. 1. Unfortunately, I have been forced to open the first of three '08 Des Dieux SLB's. These have aged even worse than the '03s. The only way to describe them is: "a bonfire of exotic woods". Only Ken would find these memorable. 

4 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Agree wholeheartedly. 

from 2003,  Des Dieux,  Winston, Saint Luis Rey Double Corona, Esplendidos and Serie du Connaisseur No. 1/2/3 hold fond memories and are always on my radar. 

After I wrote that I realized 03 was a great year overall. Some exceptional cigars made that year including those you mentioned. The last great Punch Punch I had until a few years ago had been 03s. Lots of great Cohiba, RyJ Ex 4 cabs, Small Partagas. The last gasp of air from the late 90s/early 2000s. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WineAcrobat said:

Are the Nudie's released on 24:24? I haven't seen them at all, Did I just miss these? DD is one of my absolute favorites. I had to stop myself from bidding at one point on that cab of 03 but damn it was difficult. 

A few months away yet. 

Look out around September. I will give plenty of notice. 

• Thanks 3

On 6/23/2020 at 4:30 PM, NSXCIGAR said:

After I wrote that I realized 03 was a great year overall. Some exceptional cigars made that year including those you mentioned. The last great Punch Punch I had until a few years ago had been 03s. Lots of great Cohiba, RyJ Ex 4 cabs, Small Partagas. The last gasp of air from the late 90s/early 2000s. 

I also recently finished a box of 03 El Morro that were outstanding ?

I have a very interesting story behind these...was lucky enough to score a cab on the nightly sale back in 2012 or so...received 25 shortly after( FOH was splitting up 50 cabs back then)...didn't receive the second 25 until 5 years later!! Lost in the mail somehow!??! After a 6 month nap in the humidor they still smoked like a dream...somehow didn't lose any flavor. Still have 8 left.