Jose L Piedra... Fakes??

jvd1291

So I recently Acquired a bundle of Jose L. Piedra for $75 USD(seemed a good price to me) I Figured that since they are so cheap, theres very little chance of them being faked. HOWEVER, I noticed there is no box code! I have tried entering the bar code on the band 506000002959 on the Habanos website, but no matter what browser I use on my desktop, it just gives me a crazy error.

What do you guys think?

I searched everywhere, inside the bundle band, inside the cardboard box it came in, in the cool little tin it came with. Would someone fake a $3 cigar? To be fair: I'm not new to cubans, and they tasted real. But, I am wondering! How is there no box code? has anyone ever experienced this in Habanos low end portfolio? Is this just lazy communism? What gives! lol.

20200622_180243.jpg

20200622_172919.jpg

20200622_172737.jpg

5 hours ago, Gusmab980 said:

Those usually come in in a cardboard box with the code But I think these are repackage to be sold in metal tin containers so the code is gone with the box, it doesn’t matter imo since they are short filler.

It came in this cardboard box with a Imperial/Tabacalera seal. It was sealed when I got it though. 

20200623_092314.jpg

Thanks all! So I suppose they are real, just have been repackaged into a promotional box. Is this a common thing with low end Habanos? I know most dont care about the date or boxcode since they are such cheap cigars, but I was a little dissapointed.

From what I remember the box codes were put on the inside of the lid, you could not find it until you opened the box. But that was about 5 years ago. John
That's how mine is also . Thought I had the box somewhere . GF must of put it somewhere. Doubt they would fake these. Then again it would be an easy fake consider how rough they look. Would imagine it wouldn't be worth it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pag said:
That's how mine is also . Thought I had the box somewhere . GF must of put it somewhere. Doubt they would fake these. Then again it would be an easy fake consider how rough they look. Would imagine it wouldn't be worth it.

Found the picture I took. Here is the box code.

20180826_144039.jpg

• Like 1

How is it smoking?
They mellow out , not as much flavor as fresh ones. As is expected for the $2 smoke that they are. Still better than any $8 NC. My honest opinion would be to spend another $25 and grab some Vegueros. Definitely a step up and one of the best cheap smokes.