An Ode to the PerfecDraw

I have some RG Perlas from 2014 that are like a capri-sun straw, and some Tatuaje Petites that are stuffed enough for two full sticks each. 

I wield the PerfectDraw like a surgeon. It's a necessity to me!

Petit Cazador Reserva? Those were my favorite before Cubans ruined my pallet for anything NC.

Ah the memories, cigars readily available, ready to smoke, and always consistent. Surprised you’ve got some plugged ones.

Phone is ringin, ohmuhgod....

On 7/3/2020 at 6:22 PM, FHFinster said:

Petit Cazador Reserva? Those were my favorite before Cubans ruined my pallet for anything NC.

Ah the memories, cigars readily available, ready to smoke, and always consistent. Surprised you’ve got some plugged ones.

Phone is ringin, ohmuhgod....

Sorry for the late reply... And I am just as surprised as you. I've been through numerous cabs of those. Both the Reserva and the standard Brown Label. Every single stick from this cab from 2017 have been plugged. The PerfectDraw simply makes them smokeable, and I have to stop myself from pulling out too much filler. This is the only box, and in fact only NC cigars I have ever smoked, that have been plugged. 

I agree with you, they are just so fantastic. But I almost cannot palate the strength of them any longer, CC's have ruined my palate for the better. I used to ONLY like pepper bombs and now the Party Short is the furthest I'll dip my toe in for "spiciness" (which one could even say is simply a "richness"). Now I have 40 plugged Tats (I assume) that are going to sit. Their aging potential is nilch, I've tried it. Have some Tat Black Labels as well that taste the same as the Petites, and have not changed in profile since the day I got them. Once again, a benefit that you're only going to get from CC's. 

• Like 1

£ for £ the best accessory I have bought. Paid for itself once I had saved a couple of cigars from being tossed away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The tool is great except when it’s 4th of July and you pull out a Monte 2 you’d been saving to celebrate after a few drinks. Draw is way too tight so out comes the perfecdraw. Apparently straight down the middle when drunk equals a giant puncture right outside of the middle of the cigar. I spent the rest of that stick plugging the hole with my finger and sucking so hard I was dizzy, or cause I was drunk, probably both. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t know why their sale at $29 seemed more reasonable than $39 but I bit a few weeks ago. 

thought it would be a tool I never used. 

today I had a BRC that was basically plugged. My first such CC 

PROBLEM solved  ROI is becoming more apparent  

now an enjoyable cigar

7937A567-36D0-4B32-B5E5-C9CD0C97A402.jpeg

• Like 1

It works great for me. And way better than a golf tee when on the course without a PD.  I need one for the golf bag.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta say I was wrong...........I'm pretty resourceful when it comes to making up my own stuff to get jobs done like unplugging a cigar.  How hard can that actually be, right?  Anyway, you know how they have you mic'd up when you do a search for something and they always give you options to choose from at the bottom of the page.  I must have looked at the perfectdraw and BAM, there it was at the bottom "on sale" so I thought what the heck and took a bite.  Order was processed and shipped to me with tracking very quickly and I receive a text from USPS "your package is out for delivery".  (this was pre covid so that can't be blamed) Yea, I was little excited but not that overjoyed with excitement!   Well the mail came and went and I never received another text saying it had been delivered.  Strange, but it's happened in the past and the package was in the mailbox.  I go out to check and sure enough....no package.

A couple days go by and I say something to my postman....he puts a tracer on it and the tracer says it was delivered but if you go to their tracking page and put in the number it still says "out for delivery"!  OH boy..........long story short, I contact perfectdraw....they say no problem.....send another out immediately and I receive it within a few days.  Now that's customer service at it's finest.  No BS!   Fast forward approx one month later..........a perfectdraw package shows up in my mailbox!  I see the mailman a few days later and he says....get this, it had somehow been delivered at the wrong address (mistakes happen, I have a great mailman) and it took the people where it was delivered ONE MONTH TO PUT IT BACK IN THE SYSTEM!  Package had not been open either.  Gheeez.......  I email perfectdraw and give them a heads up that the original finally came in and I am willing to pay for the second one they sent and give to my brother as a gift.  Nope.......they say do not pay just keep it and be happy!  Customer service at it's finest shines again.  Moral of this story....I was wrong.....Great product for a cigar smoker and a must have tool.  Better customer service!

• Like 1

Another endorsement for the PerfecDraw! I didn't think I needed one but after a couple of plugged Montes and a dear departed Hoyo I had been aging, I decided to take the plunge and find out if the little tool could help. It paid for itself within a week. I had three different plugs all in the same box of Monte 2's. The tool fixed it up and I didn't punch out of the side of the cigar which I was worried about. It was a bit disconcerting  at first to jam a sharp instrument in one of my cigars but if its plugged and near unsmokeable, than what do you have to lose? I bought another one to put in my travel humi. 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:15 AM, Cigar Fan 29 said:

No, there has never been anything even similar to the design of the PerfecDraw before I created it.

Indeed, thank you Rod for a wonderful product, and for your passion for it and for cigars. Well-deserved as product of the year--and in my opinion, product of the decade. You've saved a lot of folks a lot of money, frustration and anxiety! 

Hey guys,
One of the earlier posts asked me to chime in here to confirm some info.  Well....I'd like to correct some very inaccurate information that has been stated here.  Someone actually said that the PerfecDraw has been around for the last 18 years??  Absolutely, positively false.  That same poster said that, regardless of the name "PerfecDraw", the same instrument has been around all that time.  Again, absolutely, positively, false.
No, there has never been anything even similar to the design of the PerfecDraw before I created it.  For anyone who's ever patented anything, you know how incredibly thorough the USPTO investigation process is during the utility patent application phase, which most commonly takes at least 3 years for utility patents -- and very often longer.  So if something even remotely like the PerfecDraw was around previously (even decades and decades ago), how in the world has the USPTO granted me 3 patents so far, with the 4th patent coming soon?
The PerfecDraw patent applications were filed in 2015.  Patents were applied for internationally, which meant we had to start by submitting patent applications to the PCT (Patent Cooperation Treaty Organization), which nearly all countries of the world belong to.  The PCT does their investigation and gives their opinion on the patentabiliy of a product.  That takes a couple years.  Then you have to submit patent applications to whatever countries or regions of the world. 
Since that time in 2015 others have tried to create something similar, but the manufacturing is so difficult to manufacture those sharp, undercut blades, etc., nobody has even come close.  
So no, the gentleman who is absolutely certain of what he said, is absolutely wrong...period.  I'm assuming that he's "assuming".  
I hope everyone's staying safe out there!  Anyone tried to cut a little slit in their mask to fit a cigar through?  ;)
Best regards to everyone!
Rod

Not all hero’s wear capes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, CigarAsh said:

I’ve bought 3 over past two years.  One stays at home. One goes in my travel kit for when on the road.  The other was a gift because it’s so effective when used as directed   Salvaged quite a few tight cigars extremely well. The poker style skewers don’t do anything worthwhile since they don’t remove enough leaf from the cigar.

of course there are exceptions, because occasionally there’s a cigar so poorly made it just needs to be trashed.  

I have purchased 2.   One for home and a second one I got as a gift for my friend because I knew he would like it and use it.   Also we meet at his house to smoke cigars and now I don't have to bring mine over.  ?

I have 3...one for humidor, one for deck, one for golf cart.  A wonderful tool!

@Cigar Fan 29 Rod - I posted this back at the outset of the pandemic. Inhale is fine. Exhale is dicey. Maybe I’ll try it with one of those weed cigars!

C80DB713-80D9-43BB-8FA3-A69E8EEF0F03.jpeg