Please help me decide!

Cloud

Hello!  
I am new to cigars and previously settled on a 70qt coolidor with kitty litter to store my CCs (500+, I know I got the CC FOH bug).  It was the cheapest and best option for me, however, I thought to myself why not get a humidor and put it on display!  Such a waste to hide them in a coolidor.  Especially since I have the space for it.  

I am now considering 3 options with a budget of no more than $1,000 and would like your input:

1. Newair CC-300H (300-400 capacity) with kitty litter for humidity control and a coolidor for overflow storage. I would put this on top of a sideboard/dining room server table.  Not very elegant, but  functional for temp and circulation.

2. Small cabinet (1000 cigar capacity), a beautiful piece of furniture.  I would also put this on top of sideboard furniture (245 pounds not sure if that’s the brightest idea) so I don’t have to bend down or crouch to access it.  I would put an oasis and kitty litter, but no temp control may be a deal breaker.  Indoor temp ranges from 58 -90 degrees Fahrenheit in NorCal.  https://yourelegantbar.com/products/the-spartacus-cabinet-humidor-1000-cigars 

3. Tower cabinet (3000 capacity).  Simple design and ai would have a tower for cigar display! I don’t think I will have more than 1,000 at any given time, but who knows!   https://yourelegantbar.com/collections/cigar-humidor-cabinets/products/power-of-tower-humidor-shelves-cherry-3000-cigars

What option would you choose and why?  Thanks!

I'd go #3!  If you're trying to put it on display, aesthetics should be the priority!  

Option 1 would be nice with temp and humidity control, would need to prioritize cigars since you've already outgrown it

Option 2 if you're short on space assuming you're comfortable with putting it on that table(may need to factor in the cost of a new table haha)

Option 3 looks the best to me and should last you probably another 3 months till you fill that up lol.  Also when you fill it up then you can add another next to it, if you fill up #2 I don't think you'd want to get another #2 humidor right?  

If you aren't in a partcular rush, could check craigslist and stuff to see if any cigar stores are liquidating their stuff.  Just took a peek at sf bay area craigslist for humidor and looks like a store is doing exactly that...

On 7/2/2020 at 10:58 AM, ChangBang said:

I'd go #3!  If you're trying to put it on display, aesthetics should be the priority!  

Option 1 would be nice with temp and humidity control, would need to prioritize cigars since you've already outgrown it

Option 2 if you're short on space assuming you're comfortable with putting it on that table(may need to factor in the cost of a new table haha)

Option 3 looks the best to me and should last you probably another 3 months till you fill that up lol.  Also when you fill it up then you can add another next to it, if you fill up #2 I don't think you'd want to get another #2 humidor right?  

If you aren't in a partcular rush, could check craigslist and stuff to see if any cigar stores are liquidating their stuff.  Just took a peek at sf bay area craigslist for humidor and looks like a store is doing exactly t

I checked craigslist a couple of weeks ago and funny enough I am in the bay as well.  I checked again based on your findings they have a huge 4’x6’ commercial tower for sale that comes with a humidifier all for $500!  So tempting, but I think I am going to go with the wineador option to control temp.  Temp here in NorCal can have 30 degree fluctuations from morning to day so I need something to stabilize.  Running the AC often is too expensive.