That creeping inevitability...

... can you feel it?... Again?  I'm afraid we are headed towards massive lockdowns again, but far exceeding the initial wave.  Please be prepared, love yourself, your family, and your neighbor.  Granted it may vary by country, but we are a global economy at this point.  Peace ✌

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think the population will buy a lockdown a second time around.  The Genie is out of the bottle. A significant % of the public simply won't comply.  

☝️ Your honour, the Government allowed 100,000  people to protest BLM without  a fine.    Case dismissed 

I detest these arrogant, ignorant Aholes that run around spewing out how it's against their civil rights to be told they have to wear a mask (face covering) when in a public environment and social dis

Lockdowns won't happen. Strong suggestions and such, yes, but no mass enforced lockdowns. People will self lockdown and those that want to venture out with/without masks etc, will do so. There will be more pressure to wear masks and businesses will refuse service to those without masks. Eventually there will be capitulation on the masks.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I don't think the population will buy a lockdown a second time around. 

The Genie is out of the bottle. A significant % of the public simply won't comply.  

i think that will apply down here. we have had so many fewer deaths. but i wonder if in a country which is suffering a real wave of new deaths, large numbers, will be so difficult. and it may depend on the strength of the government in implementing it. the public might not like it, won't like it, but if they face significant fines or even jail, they might be quicker to get on board. 

9 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I don't think the population will buy a lockdown a second time around. 

The Genie is out of the bottle. A significant % of the public simply won't comply.  

Sadly, I think you're right. 

Arrogance, greed, laziness, Apathy for the vulnerable and cack handedness, has meant governments like ours in the UK,  have buggered it up 1st time round.   Now we're in such a financial hole,  it's going to just be a case of get out there and take your chances. 

31 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

☝️ Your honour, the Government allowed 100,000  people to protest BLM without  a fine. 

Case dismissed :wink2:

well i would do you for contempt day one.

but seriously, no one is suggesting that the people in govt are not imbeciles. especially state level. 

i was not thinking so much about here because unless we have a massive and unexpected spike in numbers, not such an issue for us. had my learned friend (always loved how the law can make even the politest utterance the most contemptuous insult) bothered to read my post, he would have understood i was referring to countries which have or are or do experience that massive spike.

but i do agree it will be more difficult this time. this time, most places will be placing a much greater onus on balancing the economy, or what is left of it, with the damage to the population. 

6 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

had my learned friend (always loved how the law can make even the politest utterance the most contemptuous insult) bothered to read my post,

I'm LEARNED!!!    :spotlight:

People won’t buy a second round. The world economy can’t afford a second round. Otherwise just shut it all down until there’s a vaccine in 1-2 years and we’ll enter another dark age. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

, i am in complete agreement with you (savour it, i can't imagine you hear it often). 

Ken is "COMPLETELY IN AGREEMENT WITH ME"  :spotlight:

What a day!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We are already seeing the total shutdown of bars and restaurants again where I am.  I’m sure it is devastating for all those employees who just barely got back to work a few weeks ago. They don’t have any choice but to comply. 

My upcoming beach vacation is ruined.  The beach is closed, but all the tiny little shops, restaurants, and bars are still open.  Logic obviously left politicians long ago so I trust nothing.  Not that I ever trusted politicians?

Seriously, I just want to sit on the beach with my family away from all the other crap in the world. 

Wait, I just read that alcohol cannot be consumed on the premises of restaurants.  No beach, no booze, geez.  Reminds me of a Simpson's episode....

"No beer, no TV makes Homer something something." That's how I feel right now.  Screw it, I'm smoking a cigar. The little things I guess.

• Sad 1

Targeted lockdowns perhaps (e.g. high risk population segments, limited locales, certain activities, limited duration etc.).  Otherwise forget it.  Personally surprised that much of it lasted as long as it did.     

1 hour ago, Tstew75 said:

You Australian fellas should be glad you're not over in this mess. We're the laughing stock of the World these days.

I think there are less and less people laughing lately. 

I am dealing with a ridiculous situation in the courts here. I have a vulnerable client who the DA is adamant must appear in person and get sentenced to 2 years prison.  Its madness. Especially considering he's likely to serve less than 6 months in a normal circumstance. The da appears by phone and demands we show up in person. I feel like it's lockdowns for the privileged and death to the rabble. I am literally telling the court that this 2 year priaon bid is likely a death sentence and numb nuts is clicking his tongue at me over the phone. Orwell couldn't have predicted this. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't understand the huge push back on wearing a mask of some sort.  It's just a courteous thing to do and happens to be effective in dramatically reducing the chance of transmitting the virus to someone else.  A little courtesy = less transmission; how hard is it?  As George Costanza would say "You know we're living in a society!!!".  My business partner refused to wear a mask for some time since he's already had the virus and tested positive for the anti-bodies.  He and I actually had arguments over this issue which make no sense to me.  It was like arguing over whether you should bathe or not.  I finally convinced him that it's just a matter of courtesy and not that difficult a thing to do, so he wears a mask when he's out of his office now.  One small victory.  Now how to convince everyone else.....?

I feel bad for bar and restaurant owners and employees because it's impossible to eat and drink with a mask on which makes opening those establishments especially dangerous.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chibearsv said:

I don't understand the huge push back on wearing a mask of some sort

I have to say looking across the pond from the UK, this anti mask business is beyond insane.   .....lots of Darwin awards are going to handed out. 

• Like 1