FOHrensics: LGC Tainos

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

To me, that 'Hecho En Cuba' Box Stamp matches most closely with the Late 1972 to mid 1979 period, according to Cuban Cigar Website.

Tough to tell but I think you're probably right. The distortion over time mentioned isn't that bad so I would guess no later that mid-70s? 

Also, the Cuba warranty seal isn't too distorted either so I would put it closer to 1972 than 1982. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Concur, 70s. Use of a Papeleta in these had been ceased early to mid seventies, I believe.

Box imported into Spain (Tabacalera stamps). At that time, the brand had been distributed by Tabacalera for the Spanish and also the French market, at least, I think. Still, the second stamp and the tax-duty seal indicate a Spanish import.

And the more obvious - sealed box. You won't see too many of such these days. Rare find, as production had always been limited, on and off. Whether the cigars are still going strong to this day is written on another page. The Tainos are basically good for the long run, but extended storage in Spain, back then, may have been so-so....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, westg said:

We have the same box code ?

I had a few boxes of these and decided to hold off on the last one until they're really worth something.  They're fun as a first cigar of the day; light flavor.  At some point, they'll be equal to a box of Esplendido's in value (or not).  Doesn't take up much room.