San Cristobal Mercaderes, Muralla, and Oficias....how have they aged?

San Cristobal Mercaderes, Muralla, and Oficias....how have they aged?

I miss the San Cristobal Mercaderes (6 3/5 x 48), Muralla (7 1/10 x 54 pyramid) and Oficias (5 3/10 x 43)!

They weren't huge sellers but they were excellent cigars that often tasted as if they were rolled at the  Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory 

I saw this morning that  that Ravi posted a Mercaderes (2006) for this weekend on Bond Roberts

All sadly Discontinued in 2011.

Let us know if you hold any and how they are ageing? :thinking:

ee5237318f18c2f980ed11908a16c334dfd79a7d

• Like 2

Had heard great things about all but the Oficios over the last 5 years, especially the Murallas. Always highly praised. 

I consider the Murallas to be too ahead of its time. That should have been re-released instead of the Prado. 

Have a single Oficios and a couple Mercaderes. Have one of the Mercaderes waiting on deck in the rotation box. Looking forward to trying it out soon. How’s it from others?

I finished my last one about 4-5 years ago and was never really impressed.  The very first release was better and subsequent releases were average at best.  I loved the sizes and packaging though.  Not one of the better LCDH releases when looking back.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 7 of the Murallas left in a box - EMA JUN 07.  Such a work of art.  Since they've been discontinued and they're such a unique and wonderful cigar, I just haven't had the heart to smoke them now for at least 5 years.  I feel like such an emotional wimp over this! ;) 

Rod

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

• Like 4

Both Mercaderes and Oficios are great now. Only had a handful of each from another forum split. Both fivers smooth, mild tasty cigars for me. Just lovely. Finished both this year.

Actually terrible. Nasty acrid. Please forward to me for registered humane disposal....

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...