Kimfessions: Montecristo No. 1 and Audiophile Cigar Lounge

Stand out bit of writing Kim!

I love the inception (Supposedly) of Porter ales; they were brought in/chosen as the quick pit-stop drink of choice for porters in London who needed a calorie heavy drink to keep them going on their long foot trogs around the city hand delivering crates etc. Beer powered work days are something that needs to be brought back!

Looking forward to the next piece :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaptainQuintero said:

Stand out bit of writing Kim!

I love the inception (Supposedly) of Porter ales; they were brought in/chosen as the quick pit-stop drink of choice for porters in London who needed a calorie heavy drink to keep them going on their long foot trogs around the city hand delivering crates etc. Beer powered work days are something that needs to be brought back!

Looking forward to the next piece :thumbsup:

I also like DunkelWeizen, HefeWeizen, and Belgan Ale too! I'm surprised that I also love Stouts too except my mum although she said it was way better than any other Guinness she tried hehe.

Rob and Javi encouraged me to try to write reviews in Kenfession style. Thank you for reading my first lengthy review and I'll post even more as soon as CCs have enough rest like 90 days. ???

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Goodfortune said:

Very nice review Kim! Sounds like a fun evening at a cool bar with a great cigar!
Cheers ?

It was great evening indeed! Too bad that only one BOTL popped in session ?

Cheers buddy ?

Great write up of a truly unique place. 

As drinks like draught Guinness and ales require a skilled bar staff/cellarman to keep in good nick,  I think it really distinguishes the great bars/pubs from the corporate run chains. 

• Like 1

Very nice write-up. Wish there were lounges/bars like this here in NYC - I’d be there constantly. Nothing I’d enjoy more than the combination of audiophile quality music, draft Guinness, and cigars. Damn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great review, Kim! Hope you continue with this series. Ken now has a review competitor for cigars and drinks. :P

And yes, good drink pairing with that cigar. I find Montes pair well with stouts and porters due to the cocoa and cream notes. If I'm going to have a Monte, and if I have a stout in the fridge, that's usually the drink I'm going to have with it.

• Like 1

Great review, I spent a lot of time in Seoul several years ago when I worked with KEPCO.  Wish I knew this was there while I was visiting.  Doubt I'll have a chance to get back there - sounds like a lot of fun!  Thanks

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joeyjojo said:

Great write up of a truly unique place. 

As drinks like draught Guinness and ales require a skilled bar staff/cellarman to keep in good nick,  I think it really distinguishes the great bars/pubs from the corporate run chains. 

Much agreed! Guinness tastes different when I straight away drink it from can and draught too. The owner is definitely skilled and I really enjoyed to see the colour change of Guinness.

9 hours ago, JohnS said:

Great write-up Kim. I really enjoyed reading this too! ?

Thanks John! It would be much better if you popped in that day, since it's cool audiophile cigar lounge ?. Hope that I can see ya on next Virtual Herf review mate!

8 hours ago, McBeardface said:

Very nice write-up. Wish there were lounges/bars like this here in NYC - I’d be there constantly. Nothing I’d enjoy more than the combination of audiophile quality music, draft Guinness, and cigars. Damn!

I agree that it's rare to see cigar lounges/bars with authentic Guinness and cool audiophile gears. I've always wanted to visit such a a place like this B&M. I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you visit Korea buddy ?

8 hours ago, Shatner's Bassoon said:

Great review! Guinness and Monte 1 can’t be bad, and the venue sounds well worth a visit as well!

It's worth a visit dude! Monte 1 performed great as well. Excellent evening cigar ?I

7 hours ago, StogieSteve23 said:

Kimfessions! Monte 1 Review is alive and real!  Great review and looks like Led Zeppelin was a great spot! Well done, Kim. 

I'll post more Kimfession articles, since it's way better than just posting cigar reviews. It was jovial place indeed! If you're interested in Virtual Herf review, pop in next time! Thank you for reading first Kimfession article!

5 hours ago, MMarbs said:

Great review, Kim! Hope you continue with this series. Ken now has a review competitor for cigars and drinks. :P

And yes, good drink pairing with that cigar. I find Montes pair well with stouts and porters due to the cocoa and cream notes. If I'm going to have a Monte, and if I have a stout in the fridge, that's usually the drink I'm going to have with it.

A challenger has arrived! I really wonder how Ken would feel when he sees Kimfession articles hehe ?. I agree that Monte's signature cocoa and cream notes matched well with Guinness ?

5 hours ago, GVan said:

Great review, I spent a lot of time in Seoul several years ago when I worked with KEPCO.  Wish I knew this was there while I was visiting.  Doubt I'll have a chance to get back there - sounds like a lot of fun!  Thanks

It's a funny lounge if you like Guinness and audiophile gears ?. Lots of customers were there for Guinness and music despite of its remote location. My mum told me it reminded music cafes in her time ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, El Presidente said:

KIMFESSIONS

Love it  ;)

Thanks Rob! I really like Kimfession as well! It would be even better if you and other FOH members popped in Virtual Zoom Cigar Lounge on that day ??

Hope that we can pop in next session ?

2 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

I think @Connoisseur Kim is gonna give @Ken Gargetta run for his money. You're going to need more cigars Kim... If you play your cards right you might get a "Kimfessions" subforum. 

Cheers!

Thanks @ElJavi76! More cigars are needed, so that I can post more Kimfession Series with Kimfession subform ?. Cheers too buddy!

• Like 2

Great review Kim! I was happy to get to see you FINALLY light that Monte no 1 up and check out the spot. The cigar lounge looked like a REALLY cool place to enjoy some music, a cigar, and a glass of Guinness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Diggamus said:

Great review Kim! I was happy to get to see you FINALLY light that Monte no 1 up and check out the spot. The cigar lounge looked like a REALLY cool place to enjoy some music, a cigar, and a glass of Guinness.

It was absolutely cool place indeed! The price was quite steep, but worth to visit ?. I surprised that many customers were there despite of its remote place. The owner of this B&M liked my IG post too ?.

1 hour ago, inter4alia said:

I love the look and sound of this Audiophile lounge! Thanks for posting. 

I really loved this audiophile cigar lounge! Guinness draught tasted really good compare to canned version ?. Can't beat the sound of Mcintosh and JBL combo as well. Thank you for reading my first Kimfessions review buddy ?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrmessy said:

Great review. Next time I'm in seoul visiting family, I'll have to stop by.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I'm sure you'll have a great time in that cigar lounge ?