Pop up to chose safari or tapatalk on iOS

FatPete

Hi for the last few weeks a pop up appears at the bottom of the screen to continue in Safari or Tapatalk, but it is not possible to pick Safari ( I don't use tapatalk). You then can't go past it & see that thread. 

Thanks 

Peter 

4 hours ago, FatPete said:

Hi for the last few weeks a pop up appears at the bottom of the screen to continue in Safari or Tapatalk, but it is not possible to pick Safari ( I don't use tapatalk). You then can't go past it & see that thread. 

Thanks 

Peter 

Hi Peter, 

Can you please post a screenshot here. That will help us understand the issue. 

Best regards, 

Ben

7 hours ago, FatPete said:

Sure, here it is. Can't get past this screen as the Safari button doesn't do anything when you tap on it , thanks 

IMG_7331.PNG

When you say "Safari button," do you mean the Safari app logo or the "CONTINUE" button? If you click the "CONTINUE" button you can view the thread on Safari.

7 hours ago, sho671 said:

When you say "Safari button," do you mean the Safari app logo or the "CONTINUE" button? If you click the "CONTINUE" button you can view the thread on Safari.

I mean the continue button, it does nothing when pressed.

16 hours ago, FatPete said:

Sure, here it is. Can't get past this screen as the Safari button doesn't do anything when you tap on it , thanks 

IMG_7331.PNG

Hey @FatPete

I can't recreate this issue on my iPhone. Are you running the latest iOS version on your phone? If not, I would suggest updating to that and trying again. 

And I know you said you don't use it, but if Tapatalk is installed on your phone, then also try deleting it. 

Let me know. Thanks. :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Hey @FatPete

I can't recreate this issue on my iPhone. Are you running the latest iOS version on your phone? If not, I would suggest updating to that and trying again. 

And I know you said you don't use it, but if Tapatalk is installed on your phone, then also try deleting it. 

Let me know. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Hi I don't have tapatalk and I'm running my preferred iOS 11. On looking into things further, my friend uses iOS 13 and it works on that. Any chance the pop up could be removed so it works on iOS 11 again ?

Thanks 

Peter 

9 minutes ago, FatPete said:

Hi I don't have tapatalk and I'm running my preferred iOS 11. On looking into things further, my friend uses iOS 13 and it works on that. Any chance the pop up could be removed so it works on iOS 11 again ?

Thanks 

Peter 

Pete, not sure, to be honest. I'll look into the site's Tapatalk settings. Have you been on iOS 11 the whole time? I.e. did this just start happening out of the blue?

5 hours ago, MoeFOH said:

Pete, not sure, to be honest. I'll look into the site's Tapatalk settings. Have you been on iOS 11 the whole time? I.e. did this just start happening out of the blue?

Yes I've always been on iOS 11 and the pop up just appeared out of the blue.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:04 PM, Perla said:

Same here. 
Everything is uptodate. 8A45187B-A34A-4EBC-9138-58C107B19A56.png.1601d57fb3ece0e5b979389443812f42.png

Thanks. Working to sort out why this is the case, as we haven't changed any settings. It seems iOS specific, which would indicate a change at their end. 

Bear with us, we'll nut it out soon and let you know what can be done. 

Cheers,

Steve.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...