Peso Cigars

mikinva

I am intrigued by Peso cigars. I have never had one. How do you get them in the US? No one brings them back, because they don't consider them worth the suitcase space. Are they like JLP or Quniteros? Are any hand made? Anyone have good experiences with Pesos? If they are decent it seems like they would be the ultimate C&C.

They do come into the States in suitcases of travellers that have a curiosity for tobacco beyond the big marcas. I've been gifted a few. The trouble to procure, the low cost, quality and little demand for them prevents them from making an appearance on Instagram pics.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2020 at 12:04 PM, mikinva said:

I am intrigued by Peso cigars. I have never had one. How do you get them in the US? No one brings them back, because they don't consider them worth the suitcase space. Are they like JLP or Quniteros? Are any hand made? Anyone have good experiences with Pesos? If they are decent it seems like they would be the ultimate C&C.

Well @mikinva there are 2 main reasons you don't hear much about "peso" cigars...

1) you can only get them in Cuba and that can be a pain finding them in the shops only for locals (never in the La Casa del Habanos).

2) I won't say they suck, but they are so so so below even the cheapest cigar you can order than it wouldn't be worth ordering them if you could and the margin would be too low to make selling them worth the effort.

I have been bringing them back from Cuba for 20yrs now and mainly use them as gag gifts or to mess with folks who are full of crap.....

They have a dry, dusty, flat, nothing interesting taste. And since you can get a Jose Piedra for $2 why bother.

• Like 1

I have had some selectos (peso) cigars in my humidor since Sept 19 also put some in Feb 20 , I always bring back three bags (75) every trip. They are not bad, a little age on them and they are good. Best way to get them is to go to Cuba. 

IMG_20200429_143440.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...