Cigar Storage

42 minutes ago, WABOOM said:

It would depend entirely on the environmental conditions.

This.

Everywhere is different. What are your ambient temps/RH outside of your cigar storage? 

very cold/dry weather can knock them about if they are not humidified. How quickly depends on how they are protected.

Outside of that, they are pretty damn resilient. 

I almost fell off my chair when some very prominent cigar people said they "just stack boxes and boxes under the stair case". Depends completely on enviroment. In Melb for example right now temps are between 12-17C all day and rH between 60-72.. so leaving cigar out will be fine.

4 Months in the post will be fine, rest em for a few months in our humidor before you get to them... or just be an animal and smoke one as soon as the postman gives it to you. Report back on your experience if you do :) It may surprise you :) 

50 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

I almost fell off my chair when some very prominent cigar people said they "just stack boxes and boxes under the stair case". Depends completely on enviroment. In Melb for example right now temps are between 12-17C all day and rH between 60-72.. so leaving cigar out will be fine.

4 Months in the post will be fine, rest em for a few months in our humidor before you get to them... or just be an animal and smoke one as soon as the postman gives it to you. Report back on your experience if you do :) It may surprise you :) 

Will do.  Thanks!