Need more Rum! Top Beverage Pairing and CC for 2020!

Belltownhound

Greetings fellow FOHers!

I'm sitting on my balcony enjoying a  '18 ERDM Choix Supreme and Havana Club Seleccion de Maestros and couldn't help but wonder... what else could I be sipping on!?

So I'd like to put it to you! Share suggestions, I'm looking for a new adventure and I'd like some advice from the community. Best beverage pairing? I'd perfer some rum suggestions but open to anything!

Thanks and hope you are all smoking crackers this weekend!

• Like 1

I got turned onto a killer rum made in the middle-of-nowhere in my home state, Georgia.  Local sugar cane plantations owned by the Richland micro distillery (single estate).  There's plenty to read about on it, and I can attest that it's really, really good.  A change of pace and pairs well.  Doesn't overwhelm and has some barrel depth, sweetness.  Has a subtle buttery burnt sugar caramel streak that's effin' perfect with richer, above medium, smoke.

Not just being a booster.  I would hunt it down and you might have hard time laying your hands on it if you're on the left coast.  Depending on your wallet, the cask strength is my go-to. But they're all good.   

https://www.richlandrum.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yadegari6 said:

Love Dictador 12 and 20 year if pairing with rum.

I love the Dictador rums also. I'm waiting for the right moment/excuse to open a bottle of the 20 year. 

Bourbon wise, for something a bit more affordable Wild Turkey 101 is good, but if I can afford to spend a bit more then Blanton's single barrel is my go-to.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, loose_axle said:

I recently found that Glendronach 12 goes amazingly well with the Trinidad Reyes. Ararat 20 does nicely with a Montecristo No 2 and my fave combo so far is Seleccion De Maestros with a Lusitania. That was heaven. 

The Reyes is becoming a regular rotation! I'll defintiely try Glendronach 12

• Like 1

Havana Club 7 has been my go to rum pairing.  Looking to get some non-Cuban rums to add to the collection soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Zacapa 23 is my favorite followed by Plantation XO as reasonably priced sipping. Was not a fan of Appleton 21 which was a recommendation.

I always scoffed at the idea of a “Social media Influencer”, but I bought some Zacapa Solera 23 Guatemalan rum on the suggestion of Ken and Rob during one of their video reviews. I’d put it up head-to-head against the Havana Club Maestros and the Santiago 11. Delicious sugarcane rum...

8734E405-8BDA-4C1F-9527-34A48075842B.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 10:48 AM, rcarlson said:

I got turned onto a killer rum made in the middle-of-nowhere in my home state, Georgia.  Local sugar cane plantations owned by the Richland micro distillery (single estate).  There's plenty to read about on it, and I can attest that it's really, really good.  A change of pace and pairs well.  Doesn't overwhelm and has some barrel depth, sweetness.  Has a subtle buttery burnt sugar caramel streak that's effin' perfect with richer, above medium, smoke.

Not just being a booster.  I would hunt it down and you might have hard time laying your hands on it if you're on the left coast.  Depending on your wallet, the cask strength is my go-to. But they're all good.   

https://www.richlandrum.com/

Going to give the 43% a try. I live in N. Ga and can't find the cask strength. Imagine that. Thanks for the suggestion. BPRICE

37 minutes ago, Trlrman2004 said:

Going to give the 43% a try. I live in N. Ga and can't find the cask strength. Imagine that. Thanks for the suggestion. BPRICE

I think Total Wine carries it.  They opened a second distillery in Brunswick so it's a lot easier to locate locally -- at least in Atlanta.  Let me know what you think of it when you get the chance to give it a try.  

• 1 month later...