Wrapper rolled inside out?

Cloud

Trini Reyes, can’t see any usual visible veins, dull, and it appears the wrapper leaf was rolled inside out.  Have several in the box rolled this way.  The veins are like raised stitches.  This is my first box of Trini Reyes.  Thoughts?

Smoked one ROTT a few weeks ago, worst thing I ever tasted.  Tossed it after only an inch of smoking.  Opened it up and it was wet.  Going to dry box this one after 3 weeks of rest.

FBDABAC6-3B76-44F6-9DDB-FBB5DE7DD5A3.jpeg

• Confused 1

Definitely inside out.  I compared it to a Macanudo cafe mini I have pictured below, which are rolled with the veins facing inside and the bottom of the leaf on the outside.

Is this Reyes a fakey or Cuba being Cuba?  Anyone else have sticks in a box with the wrapper leaf vein side flipped over and rolled towards the inside?

667B9CAA-D7E5-4B18-BB0A-03277F677E6E.jpeg.6b8adaa20351f6e3188c5020836441ca.jpeg

Whether it is fake or not depends on your source. The wrapper doesn't look like it was applied inside out, but appears very rustic for a Trinidad. For this marca the wrappers are usually flawless. If it tasted really bad, I would be concerned about whether genuine or fake.

As an added note, if the cigars in your box of Trinidad are all not uniform in appearance, this doesn't bode well for being genuine. Added photos of the cigars and box would help determine authenticity.

Packaging is legit but I will here are some pics of the box anyway.

There are actually quite a bit of sticks rolled inside out, here are two boxes with same factory and date code.  Box on the right has a darker shade and box on the left had a lighter shade that is not as uniform across the sticks.  I put the cigars with wrappers rolled inside out resting on the lid and the rest inside with visible colored veins running on the wrapper for comparison.

Notice the vein lines that are inside out look like stitch lines.  Picture doesn’t do it justice, but you can’t see any colored veins only the stitched looking lines.  The sticks with colored veins are inside in the box so compare only the vein lines.

D6B488EF-C4E7-4943-8C65-5996FD6D27E9.jpeg

8C2465FF-3BD5-4FDC-AAAB-90BCECE15898.jpeg

92DC8447-A5DE-4500-8DEF-776160EE4F34.jpeg

F2AA50E1-C71D-4DCE-B0BE-00481BF1C47D.jpeg

911256E9-014C-4A85-AC78-E6690DF78522.jpeg

15 minutes ago, SmokyFontaine said:

I'm a newb, so I'm not seeing it like you are, as far as the wrappers being inside out. I see some pretty wrappers, some ugly wrappers, but admittedly, from a layman's perspective. 

Here’s a color edited version for easier comparison.  The top stick is the inside out and the bottom three have the proper wrapper with veins in the outside.  Just look at the veins and you can definitely see what’s what, this is from the same box.

E3EE7418-A7F5-4E46-A3FE-C2C2E9A020EB.jpeg

Those are pretty rough for Trinis...I have a box of ARS Reyes from May 19 and the wrappers are nearly perfect. How confident are you in your source?

On the fence, Gray market vendor.  Everything checks out, but the quality of the cigars themselves have been very suspect.

I also have a box of fundies from them and they smell superb, darker wrapper but no sheen nor oil so who knows.   The two Boxes of Reyes smell like ammonia.  

I now exclusively buy from FoH 24:24.

Everything checks out, but all of the packaging can be replicated.  The only way we would know for sure if there were a database storing how many hits the box code gets searched on then we would know how many have search the code. 

Looks like someone went to town on these sticks gross! 

68231AED-D2A1-464A-BC5C-32F6D6CD728B.jpeg

21 hours ago, Cloud said:

On the fence, Gray market vendor.  Everything checks out, but the quality of the cigars themselves have been very suspect.

I also have a box of fundies from them and they smell superb, darker wrapper but no sheen nor oil so who knows.   The two Boxes of Reyes smell like ammonia.  

I now exclusively buy from FoH 24:24.

PM me the vendor. 

Quick update.  I smoked one with the ugliest wrapper.  White ash (dry boxed for 2 days) and on the last third the wrapper started to unravel.  Since the smoke was uneventful I ended it and unraveled the wrapper completely to see what was inside.  It was not inside out, but to my surprise there was another darker wrapper underneath, seems it was doubled wrapped.  Binder was good and all long fillers. 

67D7A15F-BEFD-40B5-8564-3DE921A9EF72.jpeg

C3C19604-90C8-4378-AAE3-A3D1D2DD641D.jpeg

• Confused 1