WINNER ANNOUNCED!! Who Said That? Comp - Week #1.

WST?1  

106 members have voted

1. 1. In the 1984 film Ghostbusters, who said the line "Tell him about the Twinkie."

This poll is closed to new votes

15 hours ago, Fuzz said:

I always had a problem with Egon's calculations on the size of the Twinkie. How the heck would a 35' long Twinkie only weigh 600lbs?! It should weigh more than 50 tons, based on the size and weight of a normal Twinkie.

No wonder he thought drilling into his own skull would work (probably to get high), that it was safe strapping an unlicensed nuclear accelerator to your back, or crossing the streams was a valid solution to defeating Gozer. He has no real clue what he is doing!

Well so now I'm curious. So a typical Twinkies is 38.5 grams for a single cake, which is 9.9cm long. BUT, if you go back to 1984 Twinkie  were 42.5 grams and 10.2cm long. Slightly larger.

That scales up to 54 tons for a 35' long Twinkie . Curiously enough in 1980 for the 50th anniversary of Twinkie they made a 10 foot long versus, and it weighed 1.3 tons. 

9 hours ago, Cigar Surgeon said:

Well so now I'm curious. So a typical Twinkies is 38.5 grams for a single cake, which is 9.9cm long. BUT, if you go back to 1984 Twinkie  were 42.5 grams and 10.2cm long. Slightly larger.

That scales up to 54 tons for a 35' long Twinkie . Curiously enough in 1980 for the 50th anniversary of Twinkie they made a 10 foot long versus, and it weighed 1.3 tons. 

The 10' Twinkie weight is correct, and would match up with the weight of a 35' Twinkie when scaled up. Though, you'd never get a scaled up 35' Twinkie in reality. The physics just don't hold up.