If you're in to IPOs

Ticker is SNOW. Can't say regarding the timing.

All in the S-1

A fair few tech companies filed last week

• Thanks 2

Interesting. Cirrently relevant with the cloud wars and a lot of start ups able to switch. I just never see this in the running like oracle, salesforce, SAP etc...

Hesitant. You can mock me when it takes off... We are on Oracle 12c, and switching is nearly impossible because we have over 12,000 modifications [in our middleware] based on sqlplus and oracle exclusive dependencies on a HOME and BASE structure. Got us by the balls. I expect a lot of old companes also fell in this trap.

Edited by BoliDan

On 9/4/2020 at 11:27 PM, BoliDan said:

Interesting. Cirrently relevant with the cloud wars and a lot of start ups able to switch. I just never see this in the running oracle, salesforce, SAP etc...

Hesitant. You can mock me when it takes off... We are on Oracle 12c, and switching is nearly impossible because we have over 12,000 modifications based on sqlplus and oracle exclusive dependencies on a HOME and BASE structure. Got us by the balls. I expect a lot of old companes also fell in this trap.

Oh yes. I know the Oracle game very well. Been competing with them for 30 years!

My brother in law worked there for a while. Has his own business now. I've forgiven him ;)

On 9/1/2020 at 3:45 PM, PaulPower said:

As a rule, I avoid them. What makes snowflake specialty.

One of the fastest growing SaaS companies. One of the largest technology investment Sequoia Capital made. There's that...and this

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, BoliDan said:

Interesting. Cirrently relevant with the cloud wars and a lot of start ups able to switch. I just never see this in the running oracle, salesforce, SAP etc...

Hesitant. You can mock me when it takes off... We are on Oracle 12c, and switching is nearly impossible because we have over 12,000 modifications based on sqlplus and oracle exclusive dependencies on a HOME and BASE structure. Got us by the balls. I expect a lot of old companes also fell in this trap.

Dockers or Kubernetes will make it easier for new technology in the cloud.

Motley Fool analysis https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/09/09/could-snowflake-be-a-millionaire-maker-stock/

Berkshire seems to believe in it......

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rhinoww said:

Is there a date for the ipo?

No official date announced as of yet.

10 minutes ago, Rhinoww said:

Congrats. Now that just has to hold for at least six months ??

Top of page 129 in the S1.....

It's set to begin trading today. Let's see what it soars up to today.  160 a share wouldn't be a shocker. Might be higher based on the overall markets and fed response later. If this thing rages high, I can see it pulling the whole tech sector up with it.  The sheer excitement when AAPL hit $2T valuation drove the markets nuts. No options pricing.