If you're in to IPOs

$120 a share was what Snowflake got. At opening, the banks might start at $160. I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches $200 at some point today. It's almost Tesla-expensive, but everyone and their grandma wants a piece, so I will most likely see how crazy this gets from the sidelines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Habana Mike said:

Boom! I can retire now!

image.png.2701e936ee21c826f55aa8ed306ec420.png

Well, after all my options vest ;)

Congrats, Mike! Excited to watch it in the market

• Like 1

Came out at $120, first trade at $276.22!

Told y'all to watch this one!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Came out at $120, first trade at $276.22!

Told y'all to watch this one!

If only I could have gotten in at $120... Not a chance at anything less than double that for retail investors like me though...

Still exciting. ?

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:46 PM, Habana Mike said:

Oh yes. I know the Oracle game very well. Been competing with them for 30 years!

My brother in law worked there for a while. Has his own business now. I've forgiven him ;)

One of the fastest growing SaaS companies. One of the largest technology investment Sequoia Capital made. There's that...and this

I work for Oracle in the enterprise space, the database game is changing like never before.  Transformation is inevitable, and eventually all cost models that have prohibited change will be broken, either at the client level or by the applications or by the DB vendors themselves.  You can already see it happening whether it be Oracles own push to the cloud, SAPs announcement of EOL for Oracle support, and the cloud vendors like Amazon or GCP  “buying business” through large stock purchases.  It’s no longer religious wars in regards to database, it’s all political now.  

• Like 1