Greetings from Kansas City

vhampl03

Hey everybody -- i'm in the Kansas City metro (in the Midwest of the USA), in a suburb on the Kansas side.    I'm a software development manager at a large telecom firm.

I've been smoking cigars for a couple years but just got into Cubans about 10 months ago.   I'd initially purchased some stock from other (lesser) online vendors and am very happy to have found FOH.

I joined the forum last year and have really enjoyed learning from all the great BOTL/SOTLs here!   (and have made many 24:24 purchases already -- my lovely wife started counting my stock and asked me -- do you really need over 1000 cigars??)    :)

FOH is truly a haven in these crazy times and I appreciate hanging out with you all!    

-Vance

Welcome.  I see you and your wife have had the requisite discussions pertaining to your collection and as such, you’re officially a member here.  Give it time...she’ll eventually stop questioning the daily postal visits and she won’t think much about the daily 24:24 alarm on your phone after a year or so. 

I’m north of the river just outside of Kearney.  Used to live in OP but decided to give country living a go.  

23 hours ago, Thirds said:

Welcome.  I see you and your wife have had the requisite discussions pertaining to your collection and as such, you’re officially a member here.  Give it time...she’ll eventually stop questioning the daily postal visits and she won’t think much about the daily 24:24 alarm on your phone after a year or so. 

I’m north of the river just outside of Kearney.  Used to live in OP but decided to give country living a go.  

Thanks....my bride and I are still working on an understanding....I may need to put any additional stock out of sight.  :)

I’m in OP but hope to have something more rural at some point....maybe retirement place...jealous of anybody in the country...enjoy!

20 minutes ago, vhampl03 said:

Thanks....my bride and I are still working on an understanding....I may need to put any additional stock out of sight.  :)

I’m in OP but hope to have something more rural at some point....maybe retirement place...jealous of anybody in the country...enjoy!

I’ve found shoes for her help. Ha.  

Loving the rural living but having easy access to countless amenities also has its perks.  OP is a great city.   

Enjoy the hobby!