Double Review - Romeo y Julieta Club Kings RAT DIC 19 (yep, that happened) & Partagas Capitols TUA ABR 20

MoeFOH

Ken doing additional due diligence by smoking the RyJ before the review! ?

Great review it brings up an interesting point of where do these tins fit in the spectrum  i.e. tins vs partagas shorts? or tins vs cohiba/trini shorts.

I do like the idea of tins and I agree with Rob would be nice to have the opportunity to refill them and not buy a tin every time. 

6 hours ago, juri said:

upmann punch would be my guess on the next round

They are releasing HU Regalias in tins very similar to the Linea Retro tins but there's some question about whether they will be Linea Retro. 

I do believe the planned Punch Triunfos will probably be the next Linea Retro release. 

6 hours ago, AusDyer said:

Surely these are just RyJ and Partagás petit coronas repackaged as more expensive cigars...

Yes, I'm a bit reluctant to pay $10 for a 90-point RyJ Marevas (otherwise known as Mille Fleurs or PC) and a slightly longer Party Shorts. 

I highly doubt I'll ever smoke either of these cigars. 

6 hours ago, djrey said:

Always wanted more PC’s, especially from Partagas. Shame these won’t be in dress boxes or 50 cabs to help the price on them. 

Don't care about the RyJ but yes, I've been calling for a Party Marevas or Coronas with the Shorts blend for years. Unfortunately, not at twice the price of the Shorts. Hard pass. 

• Like 2

Impressive these two tinned CC reviews! I've always looking for longer Partagas Shorts and Capitols seems to be my Partagas Mareva staple. RyJ Club Kings also sounds interesting to me. Too bad that their price will stay quite high for while (no DB or 50 cabs unfortunately).

I appreciate all of the cigar reviews but I thought with keeping the pyramids/torpedos reviews, that you were going to review the H. Upmann No. 2 next?

You had reviewed the Partagas P2 first, the Montecristo No. 2 second and the Diplomaticos No. 2 third.

Again, I thought the next cigar review was supposed to be the H. Upmann No. 2.

What happened????

Since H. Upmann is my favorite marca, I am anxiously waiting to see how the H. Upmann No. 2 compares to the other 3.

Surely these are just RyJ and Partagás petit coronas repackaged as more expensive cigars...

The club kings taste nothing like the PC. It’s a totally different blend. But I agree, why pay $10 for the CK when I can buy the PC. I’ll wait and see how the CK preform with some age before disqualifing it.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

I appreciate all of the cigar reviews but I thought with keeping the pyramids/torpedos reviews, that you were going to review the H. Upmann No. 2 next?

You had reviewed the Partagas P2 first, the Montecristo No. 2 second and the Diplomaticos No. 2 third.

What happened????

Since H. Upmann is my favorite marca, I am anxiously waiting to see how the H. Upmann No. 2 compares to the other 3.

Keep your hat on :D

Unicos review will be up Weekend/Monday. Upmann being done on Monday. 

The reason we fit inthe linea retro is simply due to the fact that they were sold the week prior and members were seeking a review. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

Keep your hat on :D

Unicos review will be up Weekend/Monday. Upmann being done on Monday. 

The reason we fit inthe linea retro is simply due to the fact that they were sold the week prior and members were seeking a review. 

I wish someone would browbeat me into smoking cigars. You live a terrible life Rob. Just horrid. I don’t know how you sleep at night. Oh the pressure and the horror...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gamehawker said:

What happened????

we are allowed to completely change the plan. i say we, but in fact it is entirely up to Rob.

patience grasshopper. you will be rewarded.