Any current Upmann that smokes well young?

I am just getting back into the world of Habanos after a 10 year hiatus due to kicking cigarettes. I have some boxes on the way but nothing from Upmann yet. 

I used to love the Mag 46, but what I had always had some age on them.  Due to budget constraints, I don’t have the luxury of stocking up on anything to age just yet. I am wondering how the current lineup of Upmann’s are smoking young? Particularly the Mag 46.  I would really like to get something to put in the rotation now. 

thanks for any help

My first upmann box was a box of mag 46. That box almost turned me off to other upmann because it’s just flat out bad. I’ve put the remainder of that box away as it’s my understanding mag 46 need time down.

Since, I’ve gotten a box of upmann no2 and a box of sir Winston. The upmann 2s and SW are absolutely amazing young. My box of HUHC took about three years to be really good. Hope this is somewhat helpful. 

• Thanks 1

Budget constraints would make Connie 1 your pick IMO.  I've been tearing the ass end out of 'em right after arrival.  

A fatter wallet?  Mag 50 and Connie A.  Both have have been stellar young.  The Mag 50s surprised me with how good they are since I'm new to them.

• Like 2

Mag 50s have been very good young 1-2 years) for me. '18/'19 codes in 10s. Ready to rock. My Mag 54s 18 code need time. 

My Mag 46s are 6 years old and really singing. ULA 14. 

Connie 1s IMO, smoke better young than Mag 54s. Had a bunch  of 54s last year that were pretty rough for a while. Connie 1s smoked great after 30 days.

• Like 1

I think it's a bit of a mixed bag depending on the box! I've had a box of connie 1's that was spectacular immediately, and others that werent. I had a year old box of mag 46's that were all fantastic. I think CC's now almost all smoke well young. 

• Like 1

The Mag 46 holds a particular memory slot for me in that it was a young one that, so far, has been the only CC to have put me on my arse! It was a daytime smoke and still managed to put me to sleep for about 3 hours that afternoon! My current cab for smoking is a 2011 and it's glorious, the last one I recorded notes for, I had down as a 94. Still very much a medium in both strength and body and still with legs to run for a while yet, I thought.

Mag 50's in a 10 count box are very affordable when they pop up on 24:24 and are excellent after a month or two to rest after transit. I have a some #2's and Connie 1's that are from 2019 that have been fantastic so far as well.

17 hours ago, rcarlson said:

The Mag 50s surprised me with how good they are since I'm new to them

Mag 50 has been on a hot streak the last 12 months. They had always been a little bland to me but recently they've really shined. Might be the best they've ever been at the moment. You got in at a high point. 

All of the Upmanns I've had have smoked well with a min of a year on them, but I haven't gotten any boxes with less than a year on them. I say buy a box of Connie 1s and try one in 30 days. 

If you like Mag 46 I think they smoke pretty good young. They are definitely a more "punch you in the face" with the spice profile that given time mellows over the years. I have enjoyed young Mag 46s with 6-8 months on the box code but I think a year+ on the code is when they are really approachable.