Cuban Cigar Bands (Pulling Off)

Many come off whole.    

I find that if they have rested enough the bands become loose and I can slide them off the end of the stick.  At that point I can get to the inner flap and separate it that way.   This method yields a far better result for band preservation.  

23 hours ago, Reverb said:

Almost every time I pull off a Cuban cigar band it comes off like this photo. Does that happen to you too? Why is that?

Happens to me most of the time - no worries, just more paper to fold and bin....

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, nino said:

Happens to me most of the time - no worries, just more paper to fold and bin....

It happens to me somtimes as well when I tried to peel off the cigar bands. I prefer to slide down the cigar bands before puffing for collection BTW.

Two-ply bands, that’s the why, thanks! Sliding over the ash, that’s challenging.... I’ll have to try a soft flame to help melt the glue without burning the band if I want to save the band. I usually just want to remove the band so I can nub it, so I just deal with it. But I’ve always wanted to shellac hundreds of bands onto a coffee table....is that the way to do it, shellac? Maybe a polyurethane? Any threads on doing that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/2/2020 at 10:11 PM, Reverb said:

Almost every time I pull off a Cuban cigar band it comes off like this photo. Does that happen to you too? Why is that?7016a89724f379f2394da172c1f97a3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time mate. Rarely get one off in one piece unless I can slide it off. 

I hate it when the band feels loose and *would* move but a spot of glue is bonded to the wrapper. Really grips my shit and you end up with a mangled last third, battling with a flapping wrapper. ?

• Haha 1