2020 Regular Production Marevas Side-by-Side Review Comparison

JohnS

There's something about the size of a quality marevas which I just adore (notably the 42 ring gauge, which I love but I do adore the Coronas Grandes and Lonsdales sizes just a tad more!) so I've spent the last couple of weeks smoking some after I acquired a tin of Romeo y Julieta Club Kings and Partagas Capitols with the purpose of reviewing these sticks and comparing them side-by-side.

For the purpose of these reviews below I will utilise the standard 100 point grading, with the image below, courtesy of Cuban Cigar Website, serving as a guide in reference to other grading systems.

Incidentally, this is my 8888th post so I wanted to acknowledge some dear friends who would appreciate the significance of the number eight, namely @Fuzz and @jay8354 (By the way, what do you think about this thread being posted on the 9th of the 9th?). There is a delicious irony in the fact that when the forum was upgraded a few years ago I lost exactly eight posts. But hey, who's counting? After all, how many first-class centuries did Jack Hobbs hit? (Was it 197 or 199?) or RBIs did Babe Ruth hit? (Was it 2213 or 2214?).

586881768_SceenCapture-CubanCigarWebsitegradingcigars.jpg.6f7bb3518d59c3fdf188548790971d6b.jpg

7 hours ago, Fugu said:

Well done, John, and great to see the Boli coming in second place on par with Monte, given the Cohiba and Monte 'fanatic' that you are. :D

Haha...yes, so true. One has to always challenge their biases! ?

• Like 1

Wait, what? The SP non plus was discontinued!?!? One of my regular old faithfuls. Damn, and out of stock everywhere. 

• Sad 1