Fake or Real

DPB

I received a box of 25 Cohiba Piramides as a gift. When I opened the box the cigars had 2 rings on it. One of the rings said Edicion Limitada 2006. The Cohiba band above it was not the original band the 2006 Edicion Limitada came with but the newer band you see on Cohibas. 

I went through all the details of proving these are not Cohibas. The bands are correct, the box, the stamp on the back "LOME Oct 2019" The tobacco was rolled correctly. Every possible item I looked at passed the test, except the length. The cigars should be 6 1/8 inches long and they are 6 inches. So I went on to Habanos.com and did an Authenticity check from the seal. The code revealed the cigars as Romeo Y Julieta Romeo No. 2. However, those cigars are not Torpedo shape. There is also a 2nd code on the seal and you need to use a magnifying glass to see it. The 2 codes are suppose to match but they did not. The 2nd code description was Cohiba Humidor 1966 SPB.

Does anyone know how I can go about finding out what the cigars are in the box?

1 hour ago, DPB said:

Does anyone know how I can go about finding out what the cigars are in the box?

As Fuzz mentioned, it's always a good idea to have a look around the forum before posting.....

That said, I doubt you'd ever be able to find out what they are, or where they came from, or who made them. The 2006 EL came in boxes of ten, with the box / date codes stamped on the outer cardboard box. The bands would have been from that era. The 1966 humidor a completely different size, date, bands, etc...