Old Cigar Signs

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love old cigar signs.  Somehow they transport me back in time to likeminded spirits who were lovers of the leaf           

I'm not a collector and wish I was of old time signs of various types.. Those ones you posted are awesome. I watch this TV show called American Pickers where these couple of guys travel to different parts of the United States to buy or "pick" various items for resale, for clients, or for their personal collections. Lots of things including really old signs of things like Gas Stations, Cars, Company Brands.. But, I never saw them pick a sign with cigars.. 

I'm not a collector and wish I was of old time signs of various types.. Those ones you posted are awesome. I watch this TV show called American Pickers where these couple of guys travel to different parts of the United States to buy or "pick" various items for resale, for clients, or for their personal collections. Lots of things including really old signs of things like Gas Stations, Cars, Company Brands.. But, I never saw them pick a sign with cigars.. 
Probably not allowed to show them in case it encourages the yoot to take up smoking.

Sent from Cosmos Redshift 7

22 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I love old cigar signs. 

Somehow they transport me back in time to likeminded spirits who were lovers of the leaf 

Rob, seriously.  You GOTTA stop posting stuff like this!!!!

Last time you did it and I saw it, it was for an antique cigar press that was going up for auction in New York.  So, after I looked, and measured, and saw that it would PERFECTLY fit and work with a 1950's-1960's-ish La Corona cigar mould that I got from Havana during last November's trip, I really SERIOUSLY looked at it.  And being estimated to go for $100 to $150 USD, I figured why not.

Well, then it turned into a $360 USD-something win (after sticking with the bidding, and seller's fees and such).  Then, pricey shipping, and got stuck at a shipping depot in Michigan RIGHT at the start of all this Covid crap, and the Canada/US border being closed.  So now, trying to get an importing brokerage to pay the customs duties on it and get it shipped to me at home, this $100-$150 antique cigar-press man-cave decoration is going to be costing me close to $800 CAD.

And I haven't even explained it all to The Boss, much less figured out where I'll be able to hide it...er, "place it" for her co-enjoyment.